A website

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

Eric C
Vendor

A website

Post by Eric C »

I've been thinking for months now that I need a website on which to sell my knives. To date, the ranger forum seems to have become my own personal sales site and I never wanted that to happen. That's not to say I won't keep offering things to my friends here at a bit of a discount. But I think it's time to create a web presence.

So, here's the problem: I have no real cash to put into a pay site at the moment. So does anyone know of any good free web hosting sites? I'm looking at Yola, but I want to make certain I'm not making a wrong choice. If any of you have any good experience with free web hosting sites, let me know.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Re: A website

Post by Ernildir »

I was into website design a few years ago and played around with angelfire.com. I have no idea how it compares to other free web hosting sites, but it seemed pretty good at the time. Something to look into, anyway.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Let me look around for ya Eric.. I've been doing sites for years.. I do believe Angelfire is still a free site.. I know Yahoo took away Geocities free sites.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

yep looks like Angelfire is still up and going for free..

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

google also has free sites. and most internet highspeed internet providers off a website option.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks. Angelfire looks pretty good. I'll check into it a little more. Unfortunately, I don't have a high speed connections at the moment. I know that is going to work against me too.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Well if you ever need help with it... just let me know!!

Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Now what would make you think a web idiot such as myself would EVER need help?! :P :lol:
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Now darlin.. I never thought of you as a web idiot.

hehehehe

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Just computer illiterate like me.

But I do like the idea of you getting a website up...then I can point people to it and say "Buy from him!"
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Try Concrete5, it's the one I use. It's not completely free but still really cheap :wink:

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Dirhael wrote:Try Concrete5, it's the one I use. It's not completely free but still really cheap :wink:
I'll check into it. I think I'll start working on a site somewhere when I get home from work this afternoon. Maybe I can have a web address for you before the week is out.
E.MacKermak wrote:Just computer illiterate like me.

But I do like the idea of you getting a website up...then I can point people to it and say "Buy from him!"
No I done been messin' with computers for 20 years, since I was in the Army. It's past illiterate by now. :lol:
That's what I'm thinking too. FB has generated zero sales for me. If I had a site that I could draw people to, then maybe I could make some business. But then again, if I would send the drawing of a piece off to a potential customer here, then perhaps I could generate some business there too. :oops:
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Just make sure you link your FB to your site.. like alot of sites do these days.. and have your site link easily found on your FB page.

Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well, I guess Angelfire is out. In their terms and conditions, they prohibit the sale of weapons and anything dangerous. So, I can contact them and ask, or I can keep looking. I know that knifemakers sell on their own sites, so sites must allow it somewhere.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

After consulting with another bladesmith that has his own site, I've decided that maybe for the time being - until I can contact someone willing to help me build a site - it would be better if I set up a blog.

So, what are some good blog sites and what should I know about them before I get started?