Shirt and Belt

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Shirt and Belt

Post by Daerir »

My shirt isn't very ranger-like. Its a solid green button up shirt that I wear under my leather tunic. The shirt itself is nice but its extremely hot! It's insulated and I could go for something lighter but the same color, a dull green. And my belt buckle I had painted for my belt was unfortunately stolen -_- so I'm out a belt until I can buy a replacement buckle.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Shirt and Belt

Post by Ringulf »

Tandy has some very nice blank leather buckle kits that you could have a great deal of fun and freedom making your own, give it a whack and if you are not fully satisfied, look around in the local flea market belt places they normally have a huge selection of cool themed buckles. But if you want accurate period looking hardware look on "Raymond's Quiet Press" a treasure trove of great stuff. Also the "Antik Goupe" has some very nice pieces.
:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Depending on the size of belt, I have a few buckles for sale over on the for sale board.
You can't take the sky from me.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

What Ringulf said! I would also recommend checking out Viking Leathecrafts. They've got some very nice buckles, and just some nice leather goods in general.

http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/buck ... ttons.html

With regard to finding a shirt, it really depends on a number of factors. First off, what era are you shooting for? Do you want something early-period-inspired that is essentially just a big rectangle with a couple of rectangles for sleeves? Or do you want something more akin to shirts from the Renaissance and forward, with full, gathered sleeves, collars, etc? There are many places to buy shirts of either type, or you could opt to make one. Personally, I prefer a simpler, "early-period" style, and I know you can find sellers who make shirts and tunics like that on Etsy. You can also check out this excellent tunic-making page designed for people just starting to put together their garb:

http://www.dagorhir.com/gear/content/ga ... _tunic.php

And of course, if you search around these forums a bit, you'll find many threads dedicated to making your own ranger garb, including shirts and tunics.

Hope that helps!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Thanks for posting the link for the Viking Leathercrafts, Manveruon! Awesome stuff!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"