Gauntlets or Gloves

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Gauntlets or Gloves

Post by Daerir »

If anybody has a pair of black leather gloved or gauntlets that they would be willing to sell that would be awesome! Doesn't matter if its fingerless or what, just not insulated.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Gauntlets or Gloves

Post by Ringulf »

Once again my young Ranger, Ringulf may have what you are looking for!
I get welders gloves(the tig ones not the bulky ones) that are strong yet supple and sew a cuff onto the existing cuff, all you would need to tell me is what color you would like and how long you would like the cuff to be wrist toward elbow. If you would like any decoration or back of the hand knuckle guards we could work that in too.
I use a pair of these when shooting at times and find them very comfortable and protective as well as very cool looking. let me know if you are interested and I will show you some pics and prices.

:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Ringulf, you are a hero. Solid black gloves would be great. I think I would like 6 inches from the wrist back. And pics would be awesome :mrgreen:
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

OK Ranger Sam I thought you might get a kick out of seeing the wip rather than just getting the final product, so here you go.
I have one glove done already, so it is a good time to take some process pictures before finishing the other.
(oh and I am going to give them another dye coat, you can't see the light patches indoors but they show up outside and on the pictures!)

This is how they start:

Then they are dyed and the cuff cut off and the holes at the wrist punched:

Then we cut the new cuff out of the apolstery leather you liked and punch the coresponding holes to the wrist:

Sewing them upside down and inside out will give you that nice wrist seam and make it stronger:

Then we punch and sew the lower seam and the cuff hem:

Voila a gauntlet!:

My old ones made very much the same way:

These are made from tig welding gloves, I use these because they are made out of very nice leather but they are still thin enough to allow good dexterity. The cuff as mentioned on this one is apolstry leather (about 30 bucks a yard when not on sale) fortunately I had some around from another project!

Hope you like them Sam I should be able to send them off tomorrow :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Awesome!! How much do you want for them?
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

?
brownl_91
Dúnadan

Post by brownl_91 »

Wow they look pretty good
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Hey Sam!
Sorry for the holdup, I wanted to make sure the cuffs had a cut at the bottom to make sure they fit around your forearm below the elbow they were a bit tight on me but I have you by about 3 inches at the measurement you gave me.
So I think you should be ok. I'll send them and if they need alteration we can work on it. :mrgreen: