Agincourt sword damascus?

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

doghsin
Wayfarer

Agincourt sword damascus?

Post by doghsin »

there seem to be people here quite knowledgeable on the topic of swords, so i want to ask...

apx. 15ish years ago at the Michigan Renaissance Festival, there was a small booth selling (what i assume) were fine blades.
i fell in love with what looked to me like an Agincourt sword with a damascus blade. at over $1000, it was but a dream.
the next year when i looked for it to drool over, the merchant was no longer there.
now that i have a steady income i would have no problem saving for it (i really did fall in love) but i cant find anyone making what i would call an heirloom quality sword in that design on the web.
any ideas?

also, while im at it. is modern Damascus really a top quality steel? is it on par with high carbon (thats the best right?)
"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees." -Qwatsinas
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Re: Agincourt sword damascus?

Post by mcapanelli »

Well first off when you say "Agincourt" which sword do you mean? As far as Damascus do you mean a wootz type steel or pattern welded. Seeing as it's a ren faire and a Damascus type XIIIa or XV I'd take a guess the maker was Daniel Watson of Angle sword. If he's the maker I'd advise against his swords if your interested in history at all. That's just my opinion though.
Winter is coming
Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I just wanted to add that the guys at MAD Dwarf Workshop are awesome to deal with.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~