Ancient Paths Traditional Archery

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

Gondian
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Ancient Paths Traditional Archery

Post by Gondian »

A shameless plug for my new venture.http://www.facebook.com/AncientPathsTraditionalArchery
Of course there shall be deep discounts for all my Ranger Brethren and Sisteren!
LOVE NOT THE BRIGHT SWORD FOR IT'S SHARPNESS OR THE ARROW FOR IT'S SWIFTNESS, BUT RATHER LOVE THAT WHICH THEY DEFEND
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Ancient Paths Traditional Archery

Post by Manveruon »

Hurrah! More archery!

Any info on the pricing, types of bows, etc?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Funny you should post this. I happen to be in need of arrows. I was about two weeks away from putting an order in at rudders bows for the english longbow arrows. What's your pricing and options look like?
Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

You showing off any of your wares at the Indy Moot in a few weekends? :mrgreen:
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

[quote="Greg"]You showing off any of your wares at the Indy Moot in a few weekends? :mrgreen:[/quot

Greg I would love to come but unfortunately all my $ is tied up in launching this business and other family matters. Let me know the other dates other dates you are considering, and God and I will try to work it out. :mrgreen:
LOVE NOT THE BRIGHT SWORD FOR IT'S SHARPNESS OR THE ARROW FOR IT'S SWIFTNESS, BUT RATHER LOVE THAT WHICH THEY DEFEND
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

mcapanelli wrote:Funny you should post this. I happen to be in need of arrows. I was about two weeks away from putting an order in at rudders bows for the english longbow arrows. What's your pricing and options look like?
Shafts; Port Oxford cedar, Poplar, Oak, Ash.
Fletchings; Wild turkey, domestic turkey(white), male Peacock flight feathers(rust)
These are the arrow heads that I offer:For my Ranger brothers $90 + shipping and handling for one dozen complete arrows(125gr field tips) $120 for Ace classic points, $160 for Long bodkin or broad head(broad heads need to be sharpened)
Attachments
120411_0002.jpg
120411_0002.jpg (89.74 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
111210_0013.jpg
111210_0013.jpg (45.24 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
111210_0008.jpg
111210_0008.jpg (34.59 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

mcapanelli wrote:Funny you should post this. I happen to be in need of arrows. I was about two weeks away from putting an order in at rudders bows for the english longbow arrows. What's your pricing and options look like?
and these are the fletchings:
Attachments
111210_0012.jpg
111210_0012.jpg (54.03 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
111210_0011.jpg
111210_0011.jpg (55.88 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
111210_0007.jpg
111210_0007.jpg (49.75 KiB) Viewed 52330 times
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

Manveruon wrote:Hurrah! More archery!

Any info on the pricing, types of bows, etc?
English Longbows are my specialty, Linen backed ash 40# @ 28" with linen string and leather wrapped handle $100, add horn nocks $140, stained to resemble yew,$160. Hickory back, ash belly, 40# to 65# pull, draw lengths from 28" to 32", leather wrapped handle, Celtic knot work design, horn nocks $275.
Here are a few pics of some of the bows I have sold;
Attachments
11320 small.JPG
11320 small.JPG (64.52 KiB) Viewed 52328 times
111210_0006.jpg
111210_0006.jpg (44.58 KiB) Viewed 52328 times
111210_0001.jpg
111210_0001.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 52328 times
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Beautiful stuff! I'm droolin'! I may be in the market for a nice hickory with horn tips sometime in the future, so I'll keep you in mind!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

Those are some very nice bows and arrows! I too may have to get myself one! :)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

You've got my business for sure. Your now 1 project behind jun my queue. If my bid for a Brescia Spadona falls through I'm going to have to divert some of that money to your arrows. really good looking work. So nice it'd hurt a little to fire them and eventually wear them out. only hurts a little though so I'll be shooting those bad boys.
Winter is coming
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Rocky,
I am seriously considering asking you to make me a dozen for this month coming up. All my arrows are crap cajuns that did not even have the shafts tipped so any time I hit something hard they broke off from impact.

I was thinking about the russet color feathers with the cockfletch being green
(I realize I run the risk of making it hard to find but they will look so good in my quiver!)

Shoot me a PM when you have a few minutes and we can talk. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

mcapanelli wrote:You've got my business for sure. Your now 1 project behind jun my queue. If my bid for a Brescia Spadona falls through I'm going to have to divert some of that money to your arrows. really good looking work. So nice it'd hurt a little to fire them and eventually wear them out. only hurts a little though so I'll be shooting those bad boys.
I am at your service kind sir! PM me ! :P
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

RangerKellen wrote:Those are some very nice bows and arrows! I too may have to get myself one! :)
Thanks so much for your kind words master Kellen! I stand ready to be your Boyer and Fletcher! :P
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

Hey fellow rangers I want to post a correction, the male peacock flight feathers should read "Faux". Actual Peacock flights are very expensive(Cheapest I could find on line were $3 a piece!). They are referenced in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales as the fletchings on the Yoeman's arrows. The dyed turkey feathers that I did are a spot on match though, if I do say so my self! Pics to follow!