Metalsmith | General Craftsman

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

hesinraca
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Metalsmith | General Craftsman

Postby hesinraca » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, I was here a long long time ago, and went, and came, and went. I suppose I am the fringy ranger that can't sit still.

Lot has happened since then, including 5 months in europe, and 9 months wilderness survival and immersion training. But here I am!

I am a professional in the fields of Jewelry fabrication and design and Bladesmithing.

I have extensive experience with acquisition, preparation, and carving/use of bone and antler, as well as a fair bit of hours in leather work.

There's a chance that I can make what you want because I've done it before, so in general, feel free to ask.

Website is here:

winterwolfforge.com

Thanks for checking in.

-Douglas Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Metalsmith | General Craftsman

Postby Ringulf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Great to have you back!

I am very interested in your experience with the acquisition and working of bone and antler for carving. I have been a carver and sculptor for many years and have woked in Wood, carving decorative birds of all types.

I would now like to move a bit more toward carving of antler and bone for knives and toggles and such, for the leatherwork I have been doing.

So if you get a chance to put up some form of tutorial on the subject, I for one, would be very appreciative!

:mrgreen:
A heartening sight by Day or Night, Dwarven warriors bold! To add their Might to any Fight, Precious more than Gold! A Dwarven friend is to the end, Never shall they fail! Their word does not bend, wherever they wend,
through Cavern, Hill or Dale!"
hesinraca

Postby hesinraca » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 pm

I could probably manage that. I have a small set of period tools I use for fun, but most of my occupational work is with foredom tool bits. Burs, cut-bits, drill bits, moors disks, etc. etc. If you're looking for some big, clean, ready to go bone to give it a shot, cow-bone sold at pet stores is dry, bleached, and ready to go. I prefer to collect, clean, and bleach it myself, but I've given the dog bone trick a try and it's not a bad start.

There are some photos up on WinterWolf facebook, and a page in progress on my websitebut here are some photos for kicks:

-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
hesinraca

Postby hesinraca » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 am

Blades page finally sorted out. Only three knives missing, which should be up there in a week at most.

Winter Wolf Knives
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Cedric! Good to have you back!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
hesinraca

Postby hesinraca » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 am

Good to be back, even if I am a busy ranger as always. I'll try and stay more active as we near the end of the world.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com

Return to “Services”