Updates for Vendor-Members

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Updates for Vendor-Members

Post by Greg »

Greetings!

As many of you likely know, we have an awesome and ever-growing number of members here who have their own websites and/or Etsy stores selling wares that are applicable to our pursuits here. Pete brought to my attention that, though many of us know of them, they are not particularly obvious or easy to find for those who are not in-the-know.

In these interesting times, it is more and more important to shop locally to protect and preserve small businesses. Think of this as a way to "shop locally" whenever possible within the ranks of our members here, to support one another and hep us find the best wares for our hobby from within.

To that end, I have created a new user "Rank" or "Title" which can be applied to members who:

1) Have over 50 posts (so we don't have shops joining up just to advertise their stuff)
2) Have a confirmed link to their Website, Facebook Business page, or Etsy store on their forum profile page
3) Request the custom vendor title here in this thread

To demonstrate, I've applied the Vendor title to Odigan's account, the owner-operator of Meuleurgy. Clicking on his name anywhere on the forum will take you to his profile, where clicking the website button will take you to his business website.

Feel free to request the title if you qualify and would like additional traffic to your store! If you aren't a vendor, take the time to click on those who are, and support our local artisans!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
theowl
Vendor

Re: Updates for Vendor-Members

Post by theowl »

Hi, I own and operate http://www.grommetsleathercraft.com I would like a rank or title please.
Greg

Post by Greg »

theowl wrote:Hi, I own and operate http://www.grommetsleathercraft.com I would like a rank or title please.
Done. Thanks for what you do!
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

Can't hurt, I'm in! Link is on my profile.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Greg

Post by Greg »

Done.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

It's time to step back into the forums for real this time. I'm posting a link to my forge's Facebook page. Once I can revive my YouTube channel, I'll post a link to it as well.
https://www.facebook.com/ichtheanforge
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Wooo!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Awesome post. I think I may have something to contribute soon but we will see how things actually work out...
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Eric C wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:58 pm It's time to step back into the forums for real this time. I'm posting a link to my forge's Facebook page. Once I can revive my YouTube channel, I'll post a link to it as well.
Took a bit because I forgot how to assign ranks...but I got you all set!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Greg wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:46 pm
Eric C wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:58 pm It's time to step back into the forums for real this time. I'm posting a link to my forge's Facebook page. Once I can revive my YouTube channel, I'll post a link to it as well.
Took a bit because I forgot how to assign ranks...but I got you all set!
:lol: If I'm going to remain a mod/admin, I have to take some crash courses on how to do it again.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.