Swordmaker Here - "Merry Meet!"

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

Brendan Olszowy
Wayfarer

Swordmaker Here - "Merry Meet!"

Post by Brendan Olszowy »

Hello Folks
I was invited to pop on in and officially greet this grand house, and offer my services where I can. Many of you I have met. And to the rest; "G'day". :)

I name is Brendan Olszowy and I'm a full time swordmaker and craftsperson. I've made several Tolkien inspired swords, some very original, other which draw heavily from the swords in the movies. All Fully functional of course.
You can check all these out here at FableBlades.com. I also make other stuff like Wands, Athame's, and Longstem Pipes.

Well I sincerely hope I can help some of you folks realise your dreams, and bring you one step closer to your inner Dunedain.

I'll illustrate my post with a pic of a couple of My Ranger Swords: :D

Eric C
Vendor

Re: Swordmaker Here - "Merry Meet!"

Post by Eric C »

I thought I had heard your name somewhere before. I've been to your site. Nice stuff, Brendan. Good to have you on board with us.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Brendan Olszowy
Wayfarer

Hey Eric
Good to be here
Have you got some of your work up somewhere I can check it out?
Always keen to see everyones work :) Are you a forger or a grinder?
Cheers
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I prefer forging but my skills at it are still at a stage that requires a lot of grinding to clean it up. I keep threatening to get my own website once I sell my next knife, but supplies quickly sap the funds made from the sale. Soon I will get a site up and running though.
There are a couple of threads in the General forum that show a couple of my pieces. I may post pics of a couple more as they are finished.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I cant believe I just now seen this post :shock:

Welcome to the board, Brendan. Your work is
awe inspiring 8) That Finnish sword on your site
is amazing. Do you do your own casting?

Best regards,
RD
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh I always love when I can find another Wicca supplier hehehe
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Brendan Olszowy
Wayfarer

Hi Folks!
I thought this thread was dead too :)
RD, long time no chat, how's it going. How's that Suontaka viking sword hey? (The one we're referring to is this one here)
I didn't do the casting. I work with Jeffrey Robinson on bronze castings - he's the master, not just at casting but his sculptural work is breathtaking. We discussed the designs over several emails, and his execution of the piece was second to none. Absolutely spectacular! I would be happy to run a similar set on that longsword we were chatting about for you if you decide you still need it :P

Kiriana :)
Hi! Yes I love making magickal goodies, and making them magickal. Thanks for browsing them. I'm really starting to step up my custom orders for people's Wicca needs, trying some new ideas out, and will shortly be listing my mum's custom silver jewellery work on my site as well.

Cheers Folks!
Brendan Olszowy
Wayfarer

Actually While I've got you folks I'll show off a couple more Ranger style goodies :)
A Big Dagger to match the swords of the Dunedain:
http://www.fableblades.com/Hirl_i_Gilith.html

And another Ranger inspired sword, with authentic forest green grip :) (a little blingier though :P ) :
http://fableblades.com/Forewarned.html

And one more :lol:
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Those are very nice blades
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Brenno:

Love the daggers! Those are exactly what I'd picture a Ranger useing.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I do like those daggers...mayhap take a stab at an eket?
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Brendan Olszowy
Wayfarer

Hi Mirimaran
I guess it's like an Eket. It's the right length, and as described with 'a broad blade and stabbing point.' But I'll make anyone's interpretations. If anyone has any drawings that they'd like to commission I will make their design a reality for them.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Brendan,

your work is awesome, bro! 8) you are one of the makers whose work inspired me to step off the proverbial deep end and try this sword making thing myself. Materials are cheaper than a finished product and unfortunately I'm a poor man which means my time and labor are absolutely worthless :lol: so I figured .....why not? :mrgreen:

At any rate, bro, I hope everything is going well down under.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~