Woodcraft

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

KenpoPaladin

Woodcraft

Post by KenpoPaladin »

There is another school in New Jersey called On Point Tactical Tracking School. It is run by Kevin Reeve, who use to teach at the Tracker School.He ran the Scout Program. The Classes are abut half the price. OPT is more on the practical side,whereas the Tracker School takes a more holistic approach to teaching. Both are good schools. I know about these because I have researched both Because they are close to were I live. (Delaware)I hope to start classes at one of them this year. Of course there are other very good schools located around the country,may of which can claim a direct lineage to the Tracker School. For anyone thinking of taking classes, you really can't go wrong.
KerryTracker
Dúnadan

Post by KerryTracker »

I have taken classes from Kevin. He is a good guy with skills. He teaches real world skills that an urban ranger would need.

As far as the Tracker School is concerned, I have been taking classes there for over ten years now. I worked there for a bit back in 2005. There have been some great instructors rotating through the school.
It is still a great place to get basic woodcraft skills, but quite spendy.

I find that the majority of the students going through the Tracker School never put in the 'dirt time' to perfect the skills.

Spending time out in the woods is going to make you a much better Ranger than putting more certificates on your wall.

Just a thought........