New here...

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Lori
Wayfarer

New here...

Post by Lori »

I am going to be honest here, but please bare with on what I have to say. I am the wife of someone who tricked me. Greg told me before we got married that he liked Medieval Western Martial Arts and I knew he had a sword (real and bamboo). I even knew he dressed up for things like Renaissance Fairs and the like. But as soon as we got married he introduced me to a whole new world (or maybe a really old one that never actually existed, but that is besides the point). I was tricked into being married to a man that I thought was a just a park ranger who liked swords... But NO! That is not the case at all.

Slowly he has been showing me things from this website and the things he has. I basically told him that you all are crazy. Who would dress up and go camping with swords, bows, Red tail hawks, and weird clothing. Not me... Not my completely sane husband.

Then he starts a Chain mail project. I was intrested in that. But only that. I start helping him with it as a suprise. THEN MY PICTURES END UP HERE! I guess I was the one who was suprised! :o

Now, I find myself wearing things I never would have a few weeks ago. I have either gone completely mad, or you all are the sanest group of people.

Greg, What do you think?

-Lori
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: New here...

Post by Cimrandir »

Well, all I can say is welcome!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I'd say you've come to the right place then :) Welcome!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

Welcome! I'm voting for "we're all the sanest of people," myself.

(Or perhaps, that we all are sane enough to require moments when we step out of our time and culture so as to have the chance of viewing our lives from without, a break from our own zeitgeist if you will, a chance to have the wind of the centuries blowing through our sails so as to avoid the slavery of being children of our Time... Oh, sorry, did I just go all academic again? *ahem*)

I'm working on getting my wife to do more Ranger-y things with me, so you'll be in good company as a spouse-tricked-into-participating. :mrgreen: She should be joining us at the hike in October, cloak and deerskin jerkin and all.
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Hooray! It's Lori! We're so glad to have you with us.

And don't worry. We are all completely sane here. Completely sane. There is not one insane person here on these forums, especially not myself. So there is nothing to worry about. :mrgreen:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Welcome and more than welcome. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Welcome Lori
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

To the very most sane of wives, a warm welcome, to the very most sane of groups!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

All I can say is welcome to this (very) extended family. Sanity is optional but, hey, we have fun.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

My wife thinks I'm crazy. Co-workers think I'm weird. I'm fine good with that.

Welcome, to Imiginationland.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Don't worry my wife thinks we are crazy as well... but with that being said she is starting to get behind a few survival planning ideas so she is slowly coming around. I also plan on getting her to go on a few day hikes this summer and slowly start to make them more ranger like.

Welcome to the group. Glad to have you and please post often as we can use it to help give ideas to our partners who think us crazy.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
David

Post by David »

Finally! ;)

Don't be ashamed of being a fantasy nerd (or ANY kind of nerd for that matter)...it's not as bad as you think it is- I should know. =)
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Lori, you have to understand, we spread sort of like zombies. You think you are dating or meeting a perfectly fine person. Next thing you know, you hear this groan "raaaannngerrrrs!" And just like that, you are one of us. 8) :lol:

Glad to finally have you aboard. My wife has come along with me, but she's not an internet forum type of person.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome Lori! Super happy to have you here with us! As for the sanity issue, I plead the fifth!
Morielda
Wayfarer

Post by Morielda »

Hi Lori! Welcome to the group! :) I'm one of the quiet ones around here :)