Your Stories

Got a song, a tale, some news of far off places or Orcs gathering? Step up and loose your word hoard.

Moderator: Greg

jbook
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Your Stories

Post by jbook »

Remember if anyone has any poetry, stories or songs they would like to have published on the Into The Wild blog just let me know and PM them to me! I would love to get some stories up there.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Your Stories

Post by Eric C »

Don't know how it would fit. It is kind of lengthy, but there is "A Ranger's Mischief" that I wrote. But it was also a cheesy way to introduce a new product of mine. :oops: :mrgreen: If you'd like it in an undivided form, just PM me.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

jbook wrote:Remember if anyone has any poetry, stories or songs they would like to have published on the Into The Wild blog just let me know and PM them to me! I would love to get some stories up there.
Brandwyn and I have lots of stuff for that we were speaking of posting some. Do you have any specific criteria or guidlines for your fiction? We could even do a little ad lib thread like we do on Halt's Playground were we write in turns with our characters in the same setting.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ringulf, the blog wouldn't be a place for ad-lib postings. The blog would be a place to post polished, completed short stories based around Tolkien's world.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Ah! OK, Thank you Greg, I was not sure what peramiters have been set for the fiction here but I have recently had a bit more practice with the Halt's Playground format were we write a page or so and then the other character in the story writes some and so on till the story colaboratively takes shape.

It is RPG and alot of fun but not always a polished premeditated story.

I do have some stories bases in Middle earth from when I was doing Character backstories for the ICE/MERP games I was running.

They are the ones that led up to the Ringulf character.

That was another question that perhaps can be answered,
Do you folks here on MERF Use a set format or write a background for your personas like SCA or some of the Larps do?

I see many folks use Character names and it would be very interesting to find out more about these particular rangers beyond their names and the meaning of them. Who that Ranger really is, were they operate, what time period etc.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

OK, yes that is exactly what I was trying to describe, I would have saved alot of trouble if I had been more thurough in my reading!
I would imagine that it is ok to introduce a charactor into the story at the end of this thread or must the character be approved?
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Ringulf wrote:OK, yes that is exactly what I was trying to describe, I would have saved alot of trouble if I had been more thurough in my reading!
I would imagine that it is ok to introduce a charactor into the story at the end of this thread or must the character be approved?

I wouldn't worry about approval, I hardly think either of my two introduced characters are approved by any member of the party ! :)

Just design your character and a reason for meeting the party and jump right in. It could breathe some new life into the storyline.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Peter Remling wrote: It could breathe some new life into the storyline.
...or into the party's rather dilapidated dwarf...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.