Scenario: Winter, 3 things.

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Scenario: Winter, 3 things.

Post by dwayne davis »

You can go about three days without water before you are at deaths door, and days without food. taking into account medium activity. so i would chose that heavy cloak, because i can take a stip from arround the bottom of it to wrap my feet in. and i have a hood also to help prevent heat loss through my noggin. like chris ill be making snow shoes before i head out. next a hand axe/tomahawk. it can do the job of a knife as well. and a fire kit.like everyone else i would shelter in place that first night. by building some kind of shelter with a raised platform to sleep on. then i would spend a sleepless night feeding the fire but also working on those snow shoes. they dont have to be perfect, just good enought to get you where you need to go. as soon as first light comes i would be up and on the move.

if you could make some type of container , maybe out of bark to hold/melt snow in you could at least have some water, add some pine neddles and there you go a nice warm cup of tea. (pine neddle tea has a ton of vitamin c in a cup,also its really good) :D
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?