Starfire Swords

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Starfire Swords

Post by Eric C »

Anybody heard of them? Once they upload to Picasa, I'll have a pic of a dagger I picked up at the NC Ren Faire this past weekend. They specialize in weapons for costume, decoration and stage combat. It was sold to me as a boot dagger, but at 13" overall, it is a little long for my boot. Maybe after I make a sheath for it, it'll be more comfortable.
I considered sharpening the blade, but decided to leave it as a practice piece to learn knife combat with. I'm also using it as inspiration for my own forged version that I have not started yet- as usual it seems.
Anyway, here's their site: www.starfireswords.com
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Yep, they are at the Carolina Renaissance Festival every year, and we love to drop by their booth. Cool dagger you have there!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks. I have missed them up until now for some reason. But I wasn't specifically looking for a knife before either.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

They've been around for a good long time. For the past 15 years or so they have had a booth at the New York Renfair and while I don't have any of their blades a good number of folkes swear by them for durability and their customer service. The only one I've heard of breaking was quickly replaced with no hassle. My youngest brother Jeff has had one of their dagger for at least 12 years.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

There very strong and can take a beating, but are no good for historical combat as there too heavy. There meant for theater blocking and not the winding and binding you do in WMA. I have used their dagger in training for two years now and it takes a lickin'.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Good to know that I didn't waste my money on it then! You can see a pic of it in my thread about the NC Ren Faire.

Edit: That thread is Rangers at Kingston Upon Hull.