Leather work or scabbards

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Leather work or scabbards

Post by Peter Remling »

Got an idea for some leatherwork or need a scabbard for your sword or dagger. I can help! Let me know what you're looking for and I might be able to make it for you. Pouches, haversacks, bow cases, quivers, leather covered woodcore scabbards, shields, mantles and hoods. Shoot me a pm and I'll send you a quote.

Please no requests for footwear, I still havn't figured out how I want to attach the soles to the uppers, when I do I'll advise at that time.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

A bow case you say? I could use a bow case.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Re: Leather work or scabbards

Post by mcapanelli »

So Pete, are you still doing scabbards? I'd like a bow case arrow bag combs and a scabbard for my Pikula Type XII. It's high time I got back to doing all of this stuff anyway.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Did I say combs? I meant bow case/arrow bag combo. That's what I get for posting before coffee. I just never learn my lesson.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

mcapanelli wrote:Did I say combs? I meant bow case/arrow bag combo. That's what I get for posting before coffee. I just never learn my lesson.

Yes, and if you are like me, you will be reminded often, NEVER POST BEFORE COFFEE!!! :?
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Eric C wrote:
mcapanelli wrote:Did I say combs? I meant bow case/arrow bag combo. That's what I get for posting before coffee. I just never learn my lesson.

Yes, and if you are like me, you will be reminded often, NEVER POST BEFORE COFFEE!!! :?
Eric, don't I owe you a dirk? My depression's flown the coup so it's high time I started to fulfill my obligations.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

mcapanelli wrote:
Eric C wrote:

Eric, don't I owe you a dirk? My depression's flown the coup so it's high time I started to fulfill my obligations.
Yeah. Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I've battled my share of depression since about October as well. It's no fun at all! I'm just hoping I don't forget any orders the fellow forumites have placed.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Do the scabbards attach to the belt? I may be interested in a quiver also.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Hi Will:

They can be made either way. A plain scabbard that you can have a frog made for or a scabbard with a matching or contrasting belt.

Pete
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

So man, what's your Queue look like? I'd love to send a sword your way this weekend.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I can generally turn a scabbard around inside two weeks provided I have the color leather you want on hand. I don't need to have the sword, just an outline of the blade on a long piece of paper and an idea of who made it ( so I'll know how thick it will be , distal taper, etc).

With you, Mike, I'm guessing, Albion?
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

So man should we work through ideas in PM or shall we share with the class?
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Either way works for me. What type of sword?
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

It's a type XII by Michael Pikula. He was selling this one over at myarmoury along with a XIV he made some time back. Nice little sword it is. The hilt loosened up a bit so I may have to send her back to Michael but all in all she's held up well to the medium targets I've put her up against.
Winter is coming
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I've owned three of Petes scabbards and can vouch that he does neat work and the swords fit very well. this is impressive considering he worked from a mere tracing.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~