I'm alive!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

hesinraca
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

I'm alive!

Post by hesinraca »

Wow, somehow things got crazy and I stopped checking a lot of the places I normally keep active on. Sorry about that. Not sure anyone noticed but I'm back if I missed any direct addresses.

PS - my girlfriend's site is getting well on its way, friend and I are working on it a lot, so check it out and spread the word: www.mountedarchery.NET

and my site, being less popular and unique, is also coming along, though slower because I am working on hers;) www.winterwolfforge.com

Nice to be back :-P I've been researching c580-710 late sub-roman stuff to build my SCA persona, and I a finding a lot of what I will make will be easily used as under-layers for my ranger kit, so i should make some headway. We're also moving to bend early june, so we will be able to work horses on the 5 ares we're renting and hopefully set up a horseback archery course to practice. And Ig et tos et up my three forges to boot, yes! I'll let you all know when things get settled in case you have project requests that I can make, though know there's at least one other blacksmith here somewhere;)
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: I'm alive!

Post by Eledhwen »

Welcome back! Stuff like that happens.

Saw your girlfriends' site via the CAID email list. I'm a CAIDan marooned in the Eastrealm.

Glad things are going well.

Siani
Nandalad!
hesinraca

Post by hesinraca »

Oh yeah, we met some of the archery Equine marshals from down there, Dafydd and Angela (I think are their personal names...) very cool people. We're hoping to come to their area and do a horseback archery clinic if anyone is interested, but so far they were having trouble wrangling students. Katie would need at least 4-5 to make the trip worth it, but we'll see what we can do.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Yeah, there's supposed to be another blacksmith here. I'm supposed to be it. But I find that I stink at general blacksmithing, at least at the moment. I'm more of a bladesmith now. If you can drum up some business, then by all means do it. I hope to be posting some knives soon myself.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
hesinraca

Post by hesinraca »

Excellent, we can share what we find and get better at this metalsmithing thing. I am more of a metalsmith that likes bladesmithing and is training as a blacksmith, but I have most of my training in jewlery and precious metal fab. And I think.... Siani(?) is a bladesmith? Can't remember, but someone else on here is a bladesmith/blacksmith as well.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

That's me; I've been learning bladesmithing for some time. My master was a student of and assistant to JD Smith. He occasionally comes by the shop.

Blacksmithing is, of course, ongoing. :)

Siani
Nandalad!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I got a family friend that is going to start smithing but he's going to start with tomahawks but I'm gonna push for a seax. I also think I have talked him into tanning hides (deer mostly) so I may be getting some nice leather to work with.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
hesinraca

Post by hesinraca »

I have a full bull raw-hide, and a full cow almost-raw-hide that I need to work with.... not sure what the next step is though, so they are going to wait til we're in Bend.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I plan on doing clothes and a quiver out of the first few hides and some small stuff like bags with the scraps.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"