New commission pics

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: New commission pics

Post by Ringulf »

robinhoodsghost wrote:You could make a living selling that on-line, great job.
Thank you sir!
But I am curious, are you referring to the axe sheath?
I am thinking about putting some of my designs or the pieces themselves on the internet but I am not certain how to go about it.
If you, or any of you Rangers, have any suggestions or recommendations based on experience, I would be very interested in hearing them.
I was thinking about an Etsy account but I was thinking something that would show a catalog of work also might be good fr my style of production.
At this point I would like to do custom work as I have a difficult time making many "cookie cutter" type products to put into inventory. making some standard products with options for embellishment might work for me, but I enjoy the challenge of R&D and the first prototype. Ask me to make a pair of something, and I have to focus intently to sustain my interest. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Scott:

You could do a variety of Ebay sales with a Buy-it-now. This would put some standardizied pieces out there and get a cross your other items. Then list in the text that you do custom orders and to view your other items. When you give your discription in the title, list not only the item but SCA, Renfair, LOTR, as this will give you a much bigger audience.

Also indicate that you combine shipping with multiple purchases, this is another thing that draws in potential buyers.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Avery P.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Avery P. »

Very nice leather work! I especially like the last knife sheath.
If it be a sin to covet honor,I am the most offending soul alive.
- W. Shakespeare
Fallsofdragon
Dúnadan

Post by Fallsofdragon »

Excellent ! :)
Image The Queen of Light took her bow and then she turned to go
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom and walked the night alone
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Peter Remling wrote:Scott:

You could do a variety of Ebay sales with a Buy-it-now. This would put some standardizied pieces out there and get a cross your other items. Then list in the text that you do custom orders and to view your other items. When you give your discription in the title, list not only the item but SCA, Renfair, LOTR, as this will give you a much bigger audience.

Also indicate that you combine shipping with multiple purchases, this is another thing that draws in potential buyers.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
OK here is the update! I took your advice Pete and took the plunge! I am now an EBAY seller. I put up my latest seax under the heading Modified Cold Steel Seax Knife. I used these pics and followed the directions on the Ebay tutorial. If anyone gets a chance to take a look at it, let me know if you have any comments or advice as to how to make it what it should be.

Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Good start, I like the mention of a custom sheath available upon request.

Two small changes I reccommend would be: Instead of "Modified" in the title, I'd suggest "Customizied". Modified suggests a change while customized portrays a more personalizied and exclusive difference.

Subtle I know but thats what I'm known for, Well maybe not so much, :) :)
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I like that Pete! Customized really does make a difference and captures a much more positive or creative description of the process.

I also got a suggestion to take the picture in a different angle to reduce the glare and to use a solid background so you will see those changes as well. :mrgreen:
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Peter Remling wrote:Good start, I like the mention of a custom sheath available upon request.

Two small changes I reccommend would be: Instead of "Modified" in the title, I'd suggest "Customizied". Modified suggests a change while customized portrays a more personalizied and exclusive difference.

Subtle I know but thats what I'm known for, Well maybe not so much, :) :)
I reread this , this morning and for the life of me , can't remember what the second recommended change would have been. I'll have to look at it agai.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I did another Scabbard to go along with the ones I put up here before.

This one is for one of my Mentor's sets of Bo-Kri Throwing knives.
He had lost one at the site last time we were throwing and I went back a few days later and found it.

Now that, in my book, is a serendipitous coincidence and an opportunity for me to make a gift!

Same style as the modified Kukri sheath I made for my other Mentor (I am most fortunate to have two men who I look to for training and advice) but this one has a bit more tooling.

If you were wondering about the signifigance of the medalion on both, the Triskel is the emblem of our Kingdom in the SCA: The Kingdom of Trimaris.

The pictures show cut outs for a left and a right handed sheaths, each one holds three knifes and the butterfly peice is the partitions inside to seperate them.

The back plate is tacked on four corners so that the sheath can be worn vertically or Horizantally. if the belt is thin enough you can tilt it to a diagnal as well.
:mrgreen:
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

Stunning! I love your work!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

I think we all love Ringulf's work. He's a true artist!