Blacksmithing work.

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Blacksmithing work.

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Hail all,

I have been smithing for a bit a finally feel confident enough to open myself to some custom work. I run a small forge with minimal equipment but I pride myself in useful well made gear ranging from penannular broaches, hammer amulets, seax, shields, camp/hunting gear and some household furnishings. If you are interested in having some work done please feel free to contact me with your drawings etc. and I'll see what I can do. Thank you.

R.D.Metcalf
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
hesinraca
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Blacksmithing work.

Post by hesinraca »

Heh, sounds like we now have, as far as I can keep track, 2 blacksmiths, a blacksmith/bladesmith/metalsmith and a bladesmith. Gettin kinda crowded in here;)
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

hesinraca wrote:Heh, sounds like we now have, as far as I can keep track, 2 blacksmiths, a blacksmith/bladesmith/metalsmith and a bladesmith. Gettin kinda crowded in here;)

Way off!! There's at least 2 more I can think off without rereading any posts.

R.D. I'm going to send you a picture of something via email, wondering if you could give me a quote.
hesinraca

Post by hesinraca »

Eric and RD are both blacksmiths. I've done a bit of blacksmithing and bladesmithing. Then Siani is a bladesmith. Who am I missing?
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Well aside from the ones you mentioned, theres the gents at MADswordsmith (who are members but havn't done any messages yet) and Arik Estus. Arik has been doing dirks for a good while, ask R.D. he has one.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well, those guys need to be posting and sharing with us! If you are speaking of the guys at Mad Dwarf, I've sort of watched their work since they came on at SFI. They have improved leaps and bounds with every piece they've put out.
I personally have several blades to finish. One is the boot knife I posted before. Then there is a heavy chopper, the biggest blade I've attempted so far. And then there are several others that are not ranger related. I like the hammering, but it takes a while to get into the grinding. But there is just something about seeing a piece of scrap/trash in others' eyes turn into something useful and beautiful.

R.D., maybe we can get together once I put this employment thing behind me. I would love to compare notes and learn a few things from you.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Eric, it would be a pleasure, I'm not sure you would learn much though, it would most likely be the other way round. On the subject of MAD I wish I had just a teaspoon of their artistic talent, The first time I looked at their work I knew I had to get a sword from them, somehow those boys have, at least in my opinion, captured and evidently bottled the spirit of the Germanic heroic age. 8)
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
hesinraca

Post by hesinraca »

Well why is everyone hiding!

Heh, I guess we have an army of blacksmiths then. We need more leathersmiths, carpenters, and someone with some semblance of construction tech knowledge so we don't build fall-apart houses.
-Cedric (Hesin Raca)
winterwolfforge.com
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I've got construction tech covered. I used to be an architecture major.

On another topic, someone awhile back was talking about how amazed they were at the talent pool that was present here on the forums, and was saying that soon enough we were going to discover a shipwright among us.

...hi!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote:I've got construction tech covered. I used to be an architecture major.

On another topic, someone awhile back was talking about how amazed they were at the talent pool that was present here on the forums, and was saying that soon enough we were going to discover a shipwright among us.

...hi!
So it's complete. When do we wander off in to the woods and start a commune?
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Greg wrote:I've got construction tech covered. I used to be an architecture major.

...hi!
While I've worked on a tall ship, she had been built some years earlier. My youngest brother has crewed on several tall ships and did some work when the Kylmar Nickol (sp) was been built. So keep looking..
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Well, whoever it is, tell him to hold off until I've finished at least ONE of my watercraft. I'm working on a modified strip built canoe, large enough to handle mainsails with the help of a detachable rudder, with the graceful lines I would expect from the elves. The bow and stern curve up more dramatically without altering the rocker, and she's going to be plenty seaworthy. Once I've got things worked out, I'll let you know so this commune can get going.

Preferably near water.

Once this baby's done, I'm going to alter the plans to be about ten feet wide rather than 3-4, and make a seaworthy elvish Sailboat a-la the Grey Havens that perhaps someday we can all journey to valinor on together.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Be sure to post pics of boats when finished. I want to start doing some leather working, when I get some supplies and leather. I have a cousin that use to build houses so if I can get him to join up we would have that covered.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Well so far I've been asked to do a fire steel and a hammer amulet 8)

I havent lined up any ship building commissions or residential construction jobs but I'm working on it :lol:

My deepest heartfelt thanks to those who have shown interest in my work. 8)

Wes Hal!

RDM

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~