The Member Shirt!!!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Re: The Member Shirt!!!

Post by Daerir »

UPDATE: So far as I can tell from people who would buy one there are 12 possible 13. The price per shirt right now is $22.64 :mrgreen: If we can sell 20 shirts, the price will be down to $17.30!!
Last edited by Daerir on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

You can put me down for 1 large.

Also, sorry, I've been away from the forums for a while and just saw this. I don't know if it's too late for corrections, but the Tengwar scribe in me has something to say. XD

I see the plan is to have Dúnedain written on the front of the shirt under the star. However, what is actually written currently in the image is Dunedain. In Sindarin, there is a difference between Dúnedain and Dunedain, even in pronunciation. And Dúnedain, with the long vowel, is the correct form. To distinguish between long and short vowels in Tengwar, we do not put long vowels above a consonant but always use the long vowel carrier. So, correctly, Dúnedain should be transcribed with the ú on a long carrier and no vowel over the first n.

Also, for the back, Middle-earth should technically be hyphenated (yes our website banner is wrong too), because that's how Tolkien wrote it. XD

Minor things, so if it's really too late, not a big deal. The shirt looks great though! Well done! :mrgreen:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Very good info, Welcome back BTW, but I think we decided on "Rhandir" anyway if I am not mistaken. (as many of us are not Dunedain.) :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Ringulf wrote:Very good info, Welcome back BTW, but I think we decided on "Rhandir" anyway if I am not mistaken. (as many of us are not Dunedain.) :mrgreen:
Thank you Sir!

I wouldn't mind randir. However, what is written under the star in this image at the beginning of this thread is "Dunedain," not "Dúnedain" or "randir."

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

You are correct; the image you see is of the semi-finalized design for the shirt, but since the the time that the design was nailed down it was agreed to change the text on the front to the Tengwar for "randir" instead of "Dúnedain," for the reason Ringulf mentioned. Excellent point about the "Middle-Earth" part though, and about the correct form of "Dúnedain." Yet another reason "randir" is probably more appropriate.

Anyway, I don't think it's too late to fix these minor issues, but RangerSam would have to be the one to answer that definitively.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ernildir wrote:You can put me down for 1 large.

Also, sorry, I've been away from the forums for a while and just saw this. I don't know if it's too late for corrections, but the Tengwar scribe in me has something to say. XD

I see the plan is to have Dúnedain written on the front of the shirt under the star. However, what is actually written currently in the image is Dunedain. In Sindarin, there is a difference between Dúnedain and Dunedain, even in pronunciation. And Dúnedain, with the long vowel, is the correct form. To distinguish between long and short vowels in Tengwar, we do not put long vowels above a consonant but always use the long vowel carrier. So, correctly, Dúnedain should be transcribed with the ú on a long carrier and no vowel over the first n.

Also, for the back, Middle-earth should technically be hyphenated (yes our website banner is wrong too), because that's how Tolkien wrote it. XD

Minor things, so if it's really too late, not a big deal. The shirt looks great though! Well done! :mrgreen:
I've been wondering where you slipped off to!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

No the design is still saved as it was. When I place the order in on the website, I can edit the shirt to fix these minor details. I have not forgot about Randir, and I will place a hyphen in between Middle-Earth.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Groovetactular.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

I updated the first post with the new shirt containing the Hyphenated ME and Randir on the chest. It is completely finalized at last!
Now if only a few more people would buy to make it cheaper yet :wink:
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

rangersamII wrote:I updated the first post with the new shirt containing the Hyphenated ME and Randir on the chest. It is completely finalized at last!
Now if only a few more people would buy to make it cheaper yet :wink:
Just an idea -- with our Star Brooches, there was a second batch made, yes? More people several months down the line wanted brooches after they had already been ordered. I would be surprised if the same thing did not happen with this shirt. I don't know whether you have any cash to spare, but if you do, you could always just order a few extra shirts and hold onto them to sell to those Rangers who will inevitably want to buy them at some point in the future.
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Just an idea -- with our Star Brooches, there was a second batch made, yes? More people several months down the line wanted brooches after they had already been ordered. I would be surprised if the same thing did not happen with this shirt. I don't know whether you have any cash to spare, but if you do, you could always just order a few extra shirts and hold onto them to sell to those Rangers who will inevitably want to buy them at some point in the future.
If money permits, I will try to get at least one medium, two larges, and one extra large for those late bloomers lol
lancer

Post by lancer »

I will take one large. Love the design!
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

How are payments going to be done? I don't know about others, but I prefer PayPal.
You can't take the sky from me.
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Hmm, I would have to check and see if either of my parents have paypal, but other than that, you can send a check through the mail, and I think there is also some form of money order thing that can be done?
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

True, however Paypal is definitely a better option in most respects. It's secure, and it's instant. Not to mention it's quite easy to set up an account if they don't already have one.