Leather Workers Attention!

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Leather Workers Attention!

Post by Daerir »

Ok, this is something a little different and has nothing to do with rangers or rangering. My dad has a 30-06 that he got when he was a teenager and bought an awesome sling for it made of leather, but the strap part is worn off. For Christmas, I want to see if I cant have it restored back to life for him. The shoulder piece is in good condition and the clip part that attaches to the gun is good. If anybody can put on a new strap on the shoulder pad before Christmas I would be ecstatic. Of course I will pay for any services required.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Leather Workers Attention!

Post by Ringulf »

Some pictures might help us determine the best course of action and the extent of the restoration, otherwise it sounds doable. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Khaehaub
Dúnadan

Post by Khaehaub »

Sam won't be able to be on the computer for the week because he will be hunting, but I have sent him a text to tell him to post some pictures. I will remind him to post them when he gets back from his hunting trip.
May the best dwarf win... That still only counts as one!
~Gimli
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Hey I came down just for today to shower and stuff because apparently I have a Christmas party to go to -_-

But anyway here's the pic of the leather piece that needs replaced. The other strap isn't nearly as bad, but it will the just like it soon if not fixed.

PS: Sorry about the crappy quality, its a cell phone.
Attachments
strap.jpg
strap.jpg (73.64 KiB) Viewed 11388 times
leather.jpg
leather.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 11388 times
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice