pommels

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

willmc349
Wayfarer

pommels

Post by willmc349 »

Does anyone know where I can get a good scent stopper pommel?
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: pommels

Post by Ringulf »

If you can't find one from a knife maker's site, like some of the ones we have put up on the forum, try going to your local hardware store or one of the larger chains like Home Depot or home goods store like Hobby Lobby. The latter has drawer pull knobs that have a threaded screw embedded in them making it easy to put in a handle. (not great if tang is full) You would be surprised to find a number of metal "pummel" types from brass and steel to wrought iron and with some inginuity you can make some very nice pummels out of these. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

You might also contact Ernie at http://www.yeshuas-sword.com/ . Ernie does customizations and will create pommels from scratch. He also may have some old production pommels left over from past pieces.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Darksword Armory just started selling sword fitting:

http://darksword-armory.com/products-pa ... -fittings/

You might find something of interest there.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Peter Remling wrote:You might also contact Ernie at http://www.yeshuas-sword.com/ . Ernie does customizations and will create pommels from scratch. He also may have some old production pommels left over from past pieces.

Wow. Pretty offputting site, if you're not a Christian.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Straelbora wrote:

Wow. Pretty offputting site, if you're not a Christian.
I never read the Philosophy section until now. I guess it could be, but he is great to work worth, has decent pricing, excellent work and he sticks to his timetable.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Very interesting, I was somewhat aware of his spiritual philosophy through the naming of his company, but that would not have initially been a turn off to me no matter what my faith was.
The fact that he mixes it with a very strongly supported view of medeival history and ideals of chivalry, which should be very confortable for most of us in this genre, broadens the base on his philisophical standing in my mind. Finally he seperates his personal views and inspiration into a seperate section that is solicited to those who are interested enough to click the button.
The fact that he makes this known, places on him an additional honus to be a man of honesty, integrity and charactor, which to me as a consumer should say he has a lot to live up to and thus should treat the buyer well just as a representation of his ideals.
I say put him to the test and judge the fruit after it is picked, not before.
:wink:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I agree with the above. I am not particularly devout in any way, myself, and from that perspective his own personal zeal could maybe be considered off-putting. However, I find that he seems to be honest, dependable, and very talented - and that his beliefs, though shared very openly and stated strongly, ultimately are honorable in nature, and as Ringulf said, are also somewhat applicable to the time period of the weapons which he produces.

Bottom line though, he does good work. My only criticism so far is that he appears to actually be very behind on some of his orders (mine included) - although I have heard from others that he is generally good about his time-table, as Peter said.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

See I never have been bothered by people of differing faiths than I, and he hasn't put anything up there that seems defamatory to other faiths or untrue regarding Chivalry.
Elemmakil
Dúnadan

Post by Elemmakil »

I actually have a left over scent stopper pommel. What exactly are you looking for?