A most wonderful gift!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

A most wonderful gift!

Post by Ringulf »

A most wonderful gift!

I just received one of my first Christmas gifts this season. It was from my Son and his Lady who I made a special request of this year.

My Son is getting his masters from Embrey/Riddle Aeronautical University in the spring in a field called Human Factors, which is a melding of Psychology and Engineering. It is a field that centers around designing for the end user.
His Lady, recently graduated from Stetson University as an accomplished opera singer and has spent her fifth year in there completing her MBA. (bunch of slackers!)

They came over tonight to give my wife (ooh I love saying that) and I our Christmas present.

A brand new custom made web site for our crafting company!

I had carved under the name of Marshwoodbay for many years only because I felt if, as a nature artist, I carved a bird, animal or fish from any of those three settings it would work and not be mutually exclusive. I also thought of the fellow coming home to sit down in his overstuffed chair in the den or family room and his charming wife bringing him the mail and saying "Oh look dear, we got the Marshwoodbay Catalog today!" It had a nice ring to it, like Lands End or LL Bean Catalog.

Our SCA Merchanting booth is known as "Myrrskogvik" which is Old Norse for...you guessed it: Marshwoodbay!

So now it is with great pride and pleasure that I introduce to you in its first public release anywhere:

http://www.marshwoodbay.com/

It is not populated with product yet which is our next step, but the site is open to navigate, linking and endorsements will be very important to me in getting the word out, so if any of you who know Stella and I and our work, or may have done business with us before care to pen a wee testimonial or endorsement, I would be quite grateful!

Otherwise feel free to check up on us through it when we get it up and running for real! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: A most wonderful gift!

Post by Straelbora »

Congratulations both on the accomplished family and the website. Looking forward to bringing custom your way.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh that is fantastic!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Khaehaub
Dúnadan

Post by Khaehaub »

WOW! Ringulf, the layout and design of the website is just beautiful!
May the best dwarf win... That still only counts as one!
~Gimli
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice thoughtful gift. The layout is topnotch, congrats on the present and the great family.
turnip
Dúnadan

Post by turnip »

Congratulations, Ringulf! Am looking forward to seeing this site when fully up and running! Turnip and Sindara
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Eothain »

Awesome, that's a great gift! I look forward to seeing it full of well crafted items! Congratulations, Ringulf!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Addreonynn

Post by Addreonynn »

I'm very excited for you and to see the items up for sale!
If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
To truly survive in the woods, one must be able to thrive in the woods
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

That is fantastic! Way to go, Ringulf! What a great gift for you! The site looks amazing!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Good stuff, Scott. I look forward to seeing how you move forward with this. :D