armstreet?

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

doghsin
Wayfarer

armstreet?

Post by doghsin »

does anyone have any experiance dealing with these guys?
i found them by searching Mongol armor, and was impressed with their versions. then i looked at clothes (mainly for the wife) and was again impressed. Footwear? ive never seen a single store with a greater variety.
would love to know of their quality and reliability.

http://armstreet.com/home.html
"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees." -Qwatsinas
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: armstreet?

Post by Greg »

I currently wear a pair of their "Renaissance High Leather Boots" as a part of my ranger kit. They were custom sized to me, and fit perfectly, around my feet AND calves. I added a gel insole for comfort, but it wasn't completely necessary.

They were making my boots when they realized there was a small, minor defect in the leather, so they informed me that there would be a delay, and they started over to ensure that I was getting what I paid for. Not pictured or discussed in their description, is that they are held shut by velcro, which wasn't a big deal. I am in the process of replacing it with eyelets and lacing, and adding a buckle to the strap around the ankle, but with the winningas I'm currently wearing, you can't tell the velcro's there, and they don't open during use at all.

In short, they're great.

Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Greg nice looking boots.

They have a lot of nice looking stuff and prices seem pretty good, except shipping seemed kinda high.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Willrett wrote:Greg nice looking boots.

They have a lot of nice looking stuff and prices seem pretty good, except shipping seemed kinda high.
They ship from Eastern Europe, the Ukraine if I remember correctly.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

That explains a lot then, I didn't look that far into it. Thanks for the info.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Yep, it was from Ukraine.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.