herbal first aid course...

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

herbcraft
Wanderer

herbal first aid course...

Post by herbcraft »

My friend 7Song is an herbalist who specializes in first aid in wilderness situations (he's run first aid at the Rainbow Gatherings for decades). He's an excellent clinical herbalist (one of the very good ones in the US) and just excels in first aid; he's not saying "use yarrow to stop bleeding...", but giving much more solid info.

I don't think there's a better resources around (without directly studying with someone) to cover this info...
http://herbalfirstaid.com/herb-first-aid-now-available/

(and yes, he likes Tolkien)
jim mcdonald
~herbalist~
www.herbcraft.org
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: herbal first aid course...

Post by ineffableone »

herbcraft wrote:My friend 7Song is an herbalist who specializes in first aid in wilderness situations (he's run first aid at the Rainbow Gatherings for decades). He's an excellent clinical herbalist (one of the very good ones in the US) and just excels in first aid; he's not saying "use yarrow to stop bleeding...", but giving much more solid info.

I don't think there's a better resources around (without directly studying with someone) to cover this info...
http://herbalfirstaid.com/herb-first-aid-now-available/

(and yes, he likes Tolkien)
Wow cool course, wish I was able to take it but can't afford the $194 cost at the moment. Really sucks too that this is the last time they will offer this course and it is closing at midnight tonight. Doesn't even give me a chance to maybe figure out and get a way to pay for it.

I am actually familiar with 7Song btw, I had met him at a Rainbow Gathering in the 90's. A really nice guy who does seriously know his stuff about herbs. A friend of mine who was just starting to dable in herb first aid chatted with 7Song for over 2 hours getting helpful advice and input.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Re: herbal first aid course...

Post by Kortoso »

Does this course cover wild medicinal plants only found in Michigan? I wonder, because many medicinal plants that I know are only in California or the west coast, anyway.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.