Discount Arrows

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Discount Arrows

Post by Daerir »

Does anyone have links to arrows by the dozen for around $50? I used to have one on eBay but I deleted it by mistake.

I like self nocks, and black fletches. If possible, maybe dark shafting but not necessary.
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Discount Arrows

Post by Taurinor »

Self-nocks for $50 is going to be hard to find. There's this store on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/longbowmaker8 ... d=15913338

For self-nocks it looks like it varies from $55-70, but the store owner is in China, so you might be waiting on shipping for a while...
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I haven't looked at the link, but just to throw this out there, Arrows coming from China, 99% of the time, will be spined for anything and everything, which will nix consistency.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

Daerir wrote:Does anyone have links to arrows by the dozen for around $50? I used to have one on eBay but I deleted it by mistake.

I like self nocks, and black fletches. If possible, maybe dark shafting but not necessary.
Not $50 but $70 for a dozen http://www.dmerrill.com/page.php?funct=as&pName=Arrows It is the best deal I know for quality semi custom arrows for the lowest price. Though these are not self nock.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Nemo got some self-nock arrows from that vendor. He talks about them here - http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... ilit=Arrow

I think they ended up being $90ish for a dozen with self-nocks.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

Taurinor wrote:Nemo got some self-nock arrows from that vendor. He talks about them here - http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... ilit=Arrow

I think they ended up being $90ish for a dozen with self-nocks.
LOL, I just remembered that he had done self nock for someone here and was going to look up and post a link to the thread. Thanks for adding the link to that thread.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

On the alternative, you might be able to get someone to make you a set of arrows for fairly inexpensive without nocks altogether, and then you could cut the nocks yourself. It's really not as hard as it sounds, and it could probably save you a chunk of change.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Thanks for the links replies folks. I like that customizable website and $70 is still good for a dozen. Upon my creation, I noticed that there are "Other" options in a few categories so I figured I would just include a note for self nocks. Now I need to gather some funds :lol: :lol:

PS I'm willing to accept donations lol!!
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Raziel Alastor
Wanderer

Post by Raziel Alastor »

I got a set of a dozen arrows from Merrill wood. I really like them and they are good quality. They are durable, I only. Role one during thanksgiving but I missed my target and hit my fence when I was shooting. If it weren't for wanting self mocked arrows, I'd recommend them. Good quality, durable, and semi-custom arrows.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Not sure if you're still looking Daerir, but I figure I could add another link to this thread. I just received a set of twelve arrows with broadhead tips and self nocks from a guy on etsy for $70. He sells a multitude of bows and arrows and I am thinking about ordering a set of field tipped arrows from him as well.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/longbowmaker888
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

Eothain wrote:Not sure if you're still looking Daerir, but I figure I could add another link to this thread. I just received a set of twelve arrows with broadhead tips and self nocks from a guy on etsy for $70. He sells a multitude of bows and arrows and I am thinking about ordering a set of field tipped arrows from him as well.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/longbowmaker888
What was the shipping like? I see they are made and shipped from China.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

It took about a month for the order to make full circle, and the seller also requests a phone number from you. They were packed very well and came in great condition.
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.