New stuff up on Devient Art for Ringulf

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

New stuff up on Devient Art for Ringulf

Post by Ringulf »

I have been wanting to put up some of the projects I have finnished off recently, among them a Gotland Stone Drakkar belt pouch and a Spring Oak Satchel. some others I wanted up on the DA page, take a look!

http://mica1323.deviantart.com/
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: New stuff up on Devient Art for Ringulf

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Love looking at your art....you are such a craftsman, don't ever stop.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

A few new pictures of some older work and some new peices added to Deviant art from Ringulf, I will post these new ones on the forum but here is a link to the DA gallery:

http://mica1323.deviantart.com/
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I must say, I love the Thorn-in-the-Hedge sheath! That vine and leaf motif is really cool.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

It is a traditional pattern, altered slightly. You may have seen it carved on Jake Powlings "Two Ravens" Dagger scabbard. (I believe that is the name though "Tvierrafn" is the way I would say it, I don't remember the name he gave it without checking) I got the inspiration for it from that peice then went on to find the motif a very popular one amongst the Norse. (It is going to make a re-appearance very soon on another commission by one of our own Brethren!) :mrgreen: