Fantasy Literature

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Fantasy Literature

Post by David »

Although this site is mainly influenced by J.R.R. Tolkien's works, he's not the only one who wrote fantasy.

I'm writing a fantasy novel, and I would love feedback from you guys. There have been two kinds of people who have read and responded to my writing: people who give constructive criticism, and people who just don't get fantasy, and are too confused...I'd like more feedback from people who know what they're talking about...e.g. you all.

I've been in the process of overhauling the prologue and first chapters of my novel (which hasn't been going as smoothly as I would like with school in full swing), so the site where I post my stuff is almost empty. I will let you all know when I post something up there. I would really love to hear your opinions. Here's the site:

http://www.webook.com/member.aspx?pn=Ari_Thorsteinn

P.S: Also feel free to check out my "Oh Helm & Hammer" project. I think you might get a kick out of it.
P.P.S: I'm not sure this thread should be in this section...
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Fantasy Literature

Post by Willrett »

will start reading as soon as I get the chance. Also I sent you a friend request there I plan on writing soon also.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Fantasy Literature

Post by David »

Posted a little bit of the first chapter today. It's only about 900 words, but you've gotta start somewhere. Again, feedback would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link:

http://www.webook.com/project/The-Counc ... aga-Book-I
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40