Forum-Wide Lord of the Rings "Picture Book" Project Discussi

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Forum-Wide Lord of the Rings "Picture Book" Project Disc

Post by Greg »

Alrighty, Stormraven's is posted here. Lovely quote, well executed.

Alrighty, Straelbora...batter up! For those of you who are reading along, we are now on Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil. You may read at your own pace, but try to start wrapping things up around when the photo and quote are posted.

Does anyone have any interesting insights/thoughts from Chapter VI? I have a spot back home in LA county that just speaks to me as the Withywindle...a deeply wooded creek that is often dry, but leaps to and fro from rock to hole in a whimsical sort of way. I'll have to get pics of it when I have the chance. Ernildhir and his brother have been there with me.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Greg wrote:Alrighty, Stormraven's is posted here. Lovely quote, well executed.

Alrighty, Straelbora...batter up! For those of you who are reading along, we are now on Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil. You may read at your own pace, but try to start wrapping things up around when the photo and quote are posted.

Does anyone have any interesting insights/thoughts from Chapter VI? I have a spot back home in LA county that just speaks to me as the Withywindle...a deeply wooded creek that is often dry, but leaps to and fro from rock to hole in a whimsical sort of way. I'll have to get pics of it when I have the chance. Ernildhir and his brother have been there with me.
I'm getting too caught up in 'authenticity.' I was hoping to find an old wig for Hobbit hair (head and feet) at a Salvation Army or Goodwill store, but no such luck at this point. And some green tights. I've got everything else in place.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Greg

Post by Greg »

With a windup like that, I can't wait to see this.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Just wanted to bump this. We all get busy and which can cause delays. If for any reason you can't complete a selection, just let us know. It is not a problem and someone else can jump in. This way we can keep it current and you can always take another chapter later, there certainly are enough. :)
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Bumping again, took some pics for "Fog", how are we doing for the other chapters?

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg

Post by Greg »

I believe the ball is in Straelbora's court, for "In the House of Tom Bombadil".
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Forum-Wide Lord of the Rings "Picture Book" Project Discussi

Post by Peter Remling »

Been waiting for a continuation of the story line thread , then I checked out the chapter. It's a difficult one but I'm going to give it a try. It will probably be after Easter before it's posted. I need to make/get a few more props.