Cedarlore Forge

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Fallsofdragon
Dúnadan

Cedarlore Forge

Post by Fallsofdragon »

David DelaGardelle (MER forum member) has a new website and forge

Cedarlore Forge

http://cedarloreforge.mymiddleearth.com/

He is an awesome artist and a real gentleman, as a 3rd party commission sword he crafted and I can attest to his quality of spirit in
steel and wood
He and some like minded bladesmiths are gathering this coming week in Alaska for a special event, here is a link to view and youtube preview. They will be doing a 'live' webcast-broadcast.
David will do well in the New World to come

http://arcticfire.mymiddleearth.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-z7qulUfc

Image The Queen of Light took her bow and then she turned to go
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom and walked the night alone
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Cedarlore Forge

Post by Ringulf »

I am today both saddened and yet curiously hopeful for what has become of an institution that has amazed and inspired me since it's inception.

Mad Dwarf forge and its' two young and talented artists did the type of work I have always wanted to do as it was bought to life by the same inspirations I was and was never able to give form. Their spirit and inspiration was very much my own on all levels and their vision and artistic expression resonated with me in a way that I can not describe.

I will not mourn however as the dissolution of a partnership so rich only means that there are now two remarkable young men sharing individual vision rather than a singular one, And I for one wish them both the utmost amount of fortune and blessing in their endevors!

I will be watching you both and may even be fortunate enough to drop in on you!

Ringulf
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I am going to miss MAD Dwarf, but these guys are filled with talent I only dream of. I look forward to seeing what comes out of their separate shops.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Yavion
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Yavion »

It's always nifty to see someone starting a new path. I wish him all the blessings available.

But dangit if his site irritates me right of the bat. Any time a site has tool bars that I can't make go away I immediately don't want to be there. The Middle-Earth Network at the top and the Middle Earth Radio at the bottom. I get that some of these may pay his hosting bills and drive traffic, but they drive me away. x-P
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Bouncing this thread because I just came across CedarLore on a web wander - how cool to find out the smith is MERF!

Also for those who've not perused his work since the (already very good) pictures above...wow.

Jaw dropping.
aegsul.jpg
aegsul.jpg (93.32 KiB) Viewed 15718 times
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Man, Elleth... you're just bringing ALL the eye candy today. Good grief.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Brownno
Dúnadan

Post by Brownno »

Manveruon wrote:Man, Elleth... you're just bringing ALL the eye candy today. Good grief.
Yea that is very true. I want like all of these right now. Is that a bad thing?
The mountains are calling and I must go.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
Zaskar24
Wanderer

Post by Zaskar24 »

No, it is not wrong that you want them all Brownno. I know I loved to look at the Mad Dwarf site before it was gone and now like to look at David's solo projects just as much. I am on his mailing list for when new stuff comes up for sale and hope that one day things work out that when something comes up that I like the funds will be available.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I love the way the scabbard tip is very reflectant of the Weta Narsil pummel.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Brownno
Dúnadan

Post by Brownno »

Zaskar24 wrote:No, it is not wrong that you want them all Brownno. I know I loved to look at the Mad Dwarf site before it was gone and now like to look at David's solo projects just as much. I am on his mailing list for when new stuff comes up for sale and hope that one day things work out that when something comes up that I like the funds will be available.
What is his website as I would like to look into things like that.
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
Zaskar24
Wanderer

Post by Zaskar24 »

Brownno wrote:
Zaskar24 wrote:No, it is not wrong that you want them all Brownno. I know I loved to look at the Mad Dwarf site before it was gone and now like to look at David's solo projects just as much. I am on his mailing list for when new stuff comes up for sale and hope that one day things work out that when something comes up that I like the funds will be available.
What is his website as I would like to look into things like that.
http://cedarloreforge.com/ is his website. I believe if you look at the In Stock tab at the top it will give you a link to get on his mailing list.

His artwork on is also very good. Very LoTR and Norse inspired.
Brownno
Dúnadan

Post by Brownno »

Thanks I can't wait to see what he is going to have in store.