MERF Birthday Photo Contest!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: MERF Birthday Photo Contest!

Post by Greg »

Working on it. Found a spot that I think'll look nice on a jaunt in the mundanes with Shadow yesterday...just have to find a moment to get back out there by the 15th. Should have a tiny chance this weekend.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Groovy :mrgreen:

I wish there was a way we could encourage some of the newer folks to get in on this...
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg

Post by Greg »

Howzabout "Hey...some of us posted photos in jeans and t-shirts with cloaks when we first started out; most of you have a HUGE leg up on that. Show us what you've got!"
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

I'll up the ante and add a 4 x 7 oilcloth as a runner up prize.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Aw dang... that makes ME want to participate, haha.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Ha!

I still think I'm going to hold off until I have at least a couple decent pieces put together, BUT...

... in another day or so I should have a pretty darn cool project to show off. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

How exciting!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Got my new helmet together so I may try something with it and some thrown weapons or multi axe drill, you did say that a video would work? :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Heck yeah!
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

I'll have to try to get something up this weekend.
You can't take the sky from me.
warwell

Post by warwell »

I'm nowhere near Ranger standards but I'll play. Until recently, I played a paladin in Dagorhir but I have switched to a scout in Amtgard. I'm working on more rangerish garb and I got a lot of ideas from this forum.
rufus_01.jpg
rufus_01.jpg (131 KiB) Viewed 10877 times
rufus_02.jpg
rufus_02.jpg (157.36 KiB) Viewed 10877 times
My tunic and hood are from Linengarb. Originally the tunic was white and the hood red. I dyed them green and brown. They came out a bit lighter than I wanted but they work for my purposes. My next step is to swap the black hosen for brown. I'm also wearing some black and green greaves and bracers. Now that I look at the kit in the photos I think brown would look better - I may eventually switch them. The bow is a modern fiberglass bow (Bear Firebird - I chose a youth bow so that the draw weight will be legal for Amtgard).

Looks like my pictures don't work. Here is a link to the photos on my blog - http://larpwardens.blogspot.com/2016/03/to-wilds.html
Last edited by caedmon on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The pics were broken from my end, I fixed them.
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

First off, welcome to the forum! Keep at it, you are certainly on the right track and look great.

warwell wrote:I'm nowhere near Ranger standards but I'll play. Until recently, I played a paladin in Dagorhir but I have switched to a scout in Amtgard. I'm working on more rangerish garb and I got a lot of ideas from this forum.

My tunic and hood are from Linengarb. Originally the tunic was white and the hood red. I dyed them green and brown. They came out a bit lighter than I wanted but they work for my purposes. My next step is to swap the black hosen for brown. I'm also wearing some black and green greaves and bracers. Now that I look at the kit in the photos I think brown would look better - I may eventually switch them. The bow is a modern fiberglass bow (Bear Firebird - I chose a youth bow so that the draw weight will be legal for Amtgard).

Looks like my pictures don't work. Here is a link to the photos on my blog - http://larpwardens.blogspot.com/2016/03/to-wilds.html
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Greg

Post by Greg »

Aragorn, en Route to Rivendell wrote:"Sauron can put fire to his evil uses, as he can all things, but these Riders do not love it, and fear those who wield it. Fire is our friend in the wilderness."
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Absolutely love that shot, Greg!!!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

WELL THEN. That's one helluva photo, my good man! BEAUTIFULLY done! I'm totally jealous.
Greg wrote:
Aragorn, en Route to Rivendell wrote:"Sauron can put fire to his evil uses, as he can all things, but these Riders do not love it, and fear those who wield it. Fire is our friend in the wilderness."