Ranger Web Site/Blog

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Ranger Web Site/Blog

Post by David »

Feel free to use the picture you took of me wearing your leather armor before our last trek together, or any other picture with me in it for that matter. Also feel free to get a hold of me if you need anything else...I don't know what you would need me for, but I'd like to help if I can.
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

While I love the dunedain.com/net choice I wonder if it should be a little more opened up. I'm sure there will be then just ME ranger personalities on the site; Viking, medieval, Native American, ect. and maybe something that puts this out there as recreation and not just reenacting. I will try to think of some names while I'm working today and let you know what I come up with.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

My submission for a group/website name that might be a little more inclusive:

Sons of Forgotten Kings.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Mirimaran wrote:My submission for a group/website name that might be a little more inclusive:

Sons of Forgotten Kings.
I like this 8)
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Just for relevance 8)

"'Few now remember them,' Tom murmured, 'yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folk that are heedless.'
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Hey Greg, this is a great idea, I'll be posting some pics tomorrow or Monday.

This also brings up an opportunity for me to ask everyone about the future of this site, which I am starting a new topic for.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Awesome!

I read your thread about the future of this site. If we could pull together the information/content I've been planning from all of our members into a wiki attached to this site, it'd be easier to work with and faster to update than a website run by one person, which I think would be better in the long run.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Just a question for Jack and Greg; How would you like the pics attached,? in groups like leather crafts, blades/weapons or garb or just as a list of attachement that you could sort thru? Much of the pics would be ones already posted but condensed together in groups instead of the current 2 in this thread, 1 here and 1 more over there.
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

If their is aught i have posted or contributed in any way then feel free to use it.also of any thig i will post as well. :D
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
David

Post by David »

jolromir wrote:If their is aught i have posted or contributed in any way then feel free to use it.
Ditto. =)
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40