MRL Deal of the day

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: MRL Deal of the day

Post by Greg »

Peter Remling wrote:Actually Greg that's Jack's little joke. When I was the first to hit the 50 post mark and the "Silent Watcher" title came up, I said something to the effect that I wasn't so silent was I, to which Jack changed mine to "Talkative" and it has remained ever since.
That's cool! On a few of the other forums I'm involved in, there are a few custom titles that fly around. I'm skinny as hell, so on the forum for my nerf gun hobby, where I use copious amounts of velcro in many of my modifications of the aforementioned plastic toys, my custom title is "Velcro'ed Beanpole", much to my chagrin.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

speaking of nerf have you played with any of those swords? They look pretty cool I was thinking of getting one to play with my little brother.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg

Post by Greg »

We have some specific game types that utilize the nerf brand foam swords, yes. For that matter, at our halloween event at the church, I used some nerf swords to teach a few kids some basic swordplay techniques. The plan was to run an "Archery" Booth for the kids, which would utilize a 1993 Nerf "Bow 'n' Arrow" with velcro added to the tips of the missiles so they'd stick to the fuzzy targets, but I didn't have time to build it. I, of course, would've been a ranger, but since it didn't pan out, I wound up dressing up like my girlfriend's brother, in one of his Tow Trucker shirts.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Just looked and today's deal is a great looking hammer/axe

https://www.museumreplicas.com/p-571-wa ... ammer.aspx
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg

Post by Greg »

The deal of the WEEKEND is the MRL Belt Dagger, which has now fallen all the way down to $42.50

I have one, and now I wish I'd waited another month...but how was I to know, eh? It wasn't hard to put an edge on, either, which is good, since they're asking $100 for the sharpened version (which is kinda strange, no?)

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-193-belt-dagger.aspx
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I picked up one a few monthes ago when it was a Deal of the Day. Nice little dagger!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Fascinated with Rohan today's Deal of the Day will have you riding in style:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-41-horseman-helmet.aspx
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Check this one out:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-570-viking-spear.aspx

If you use the coupon code SBGWEB you'll get 10% off your total purchase including the Deal of The Day.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

New Coustille $67.50 Nice affordable shorter sword for a Ranger at a great price! These probably won't last long.

Weekend Deal of The Day

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-260-new-coustille.aspx
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That is the same one I have. I urge everyone who can to get one, I personally love mine.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hmm, my tax return sure would come in handy about now. No, wait, there are other plans for that. :cry:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Nice find Willrett...now I know what to spend some of my tax refund on.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.