Veteran's Day

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Veteran's Day

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail Rangers!

Let us take a moment to remember those who serve and have served this great nation of ours; those who are on the front lines of freedom and those who now walk more hallowed halls; those who are far from home and those who came home and still cannot find peace; those who serve and those who embodied the very definition of service; for all those we say this day a simple Thank You, for without those brave souls all would be lost. This night when we lay down for rest, never forget that somewhere out in the darkness a brave young man or woman stands ready in defense so that the coming dawn sees another day of freedom for our nation. Hail the soldiers, Hail the sailors, Hail the airmen, Hail the Marines, Hail the Coast Guard, Hail those all in shadowed service!

Mirimaran
U.S. Army Veteran
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Veteran's Day

Post by Eric C »

You're welcome, and thank you too. Also thank you to all others who are and have served.
Eric C
U.S. Army Veteran-
Combat Engineer
54th Engineer Bn
130th Engr Brigade
Wildflecken, Germany
Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Well spoken. Thank you guys and thanks to everyone else who has served and are serving now.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Thank you to everyone who has, and is currently serving. Thank you two who have already posted who hav served...bless you both.

While we're at it, let's also remember our friend and comerade, who more or less invented this little hobby of ours (certainly started up the online discussion, at any rate). Andy hasn't been with us for awhile yet, so keep him in your prayers until he's back with us from wherever he's stationed right now.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.