New-Old items on KOA

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

New-Old items on KOA

Post by Ursus »

Anybody looking for some good ranger blades on a budget for either a first time buy or a project piece head over to Kult of Athena’s new item page. They currently have a retired Arbedo sword and coustille short sword available for a decent price. The Arbedo is one of Windlass’s better offerings from their glory days. I modded a handle for a friend on one years ago and can testify that it is a good buy for the price. I believe our very own Elleth has a beautifully modded coustille as well and can chime in on it’s quality. Happy hunting!
http://kultofathena.com/new_items.asp

I’ve been fighting buying that coustille all weekend, somebody put me out of my misery.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: New-Old items on KOA

Post by Elleth »

Oh yes! The coustille is very much its own thing. It's rather long for a knife, but is quite handle-heavy, so it doesn't feel at all like a (very) short sword. It's got a weird "neither fish nor foul" feel about it. I don't know as I'd explicitly recommend it, but if that's the kind of thing you want, that's the kind of thing it is.

I'd whole-heartedly recommend Odigan's sword overhaul service though. He does amazing amazing work! Night and day. :)

Interesting that they've brought back the Towton: I've never seen one in real life, but if memory serves back around the time of the LOTR films a number of people bought them as ersatz Strider swords.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

I'm looking real hard at that coustille, too. I like the length--it is basically the same as an escrima stick.

Does anybody know if KOA runs a Black Friday (or other) Sale ? I didn't find any coupon code.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Harper wrote:...

I'm looking real hard at that coustille, too. I like the length--it is basically the same as an escrima stick.

Does anybody know if KOA runs a Black Friday (or other) Sale ? I didn't find any coupon code.
KOA doesn't run any sales or other discounts. They feel their prices are the lowest so they'd be selling at a lose should they introduce promotional discounts ,that includes Black Friday.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Peter Remling wrote:
Harper wrote:...

KOA doesn't run any sales or other discounts. They feel their prices are the lowest so they'd be selling at a lose should they introduce promotional discounts ,that includes Black Friday.

Thanks.

That's the exact information I needed.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

-

Well, a Coustille is on the way.