Dwarven Bocksten Inspired cloak

From the Blue Mountains to the Iron Hills...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Dwarven Bocksten Inspired cloak

Post by Iodo »

Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote:Wow Iodo! You have really outdone yourself with this cloak! I love following the progress of your kit. You take so much time researching and developing ways for your kit to really fit into the cultural identity of the dwarves. It is a fascinating process to watch and read about. I just wish I was able to do that with my own persona's culture to the same extent! I love it! Keep up the amazing work!

P.S. Also really good job with the testing and problem solving (like with the toggle). That's what reenacting is all about!
Thanks so much for the good words :P

I always feel like I'm not reaserching things enough, but there isn't that much material on dwarves to go on - I think I picked the most dificult persona :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Ruinar Hrafnakveðja
Dúnadan

Post by Ruinar Hrafnakveðja »

Iodo wrote:
Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote:Wow Iodo! You have really outdone yourself with this cloak! I love following the progress of your kit. You take so much time researching and developing ways for your kit to really fit into the cultural identity of the dwarves. It is a fascinating process to watch and read about. I just wish I was able to do that with my own persona's culture to the same extent! I love it! Keep up the amazing work!

P.S. Also really good job with the testing and problem solving (like with the toggle). That's what reenacting is all about!
Thanks so much for the good words :P

I always feel like I'm not reaserching things enough, but there isn't that much material on dwarves to go on - I think I picked the most dificult persona :lol:

Hahaha tell me about it. Between a Woodmen of Mirkwood (which are barely mentioned) and then Thranduil's elves there is almost nothing. I find I am making historical parallels almost the entire time I design things, which can get a little tiring after a certain point. But at least Weta Made the dwarf stuff somewhat practical and easy to draw things from, at the very least the stylistic elements! :)
I wish only for green trees, cool wine, a strong bow, and a swift arrow
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Yep, I guess all I've been doing is mixing a bit of WETA aesthetics with historic clothing, it comes down to the same problem, getting the right balance between form and function. And often I just make something to try it without to much thought or research first, hence I have an awful lot of stuff I don't like, i've made what is, I think, my fifth attempt at a dwarven hood this week and I might finally like it :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.