Riverine Ranger

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Riverine Ranger

Post by Eledhwen »

So I've finally ordered in a canoe. A Carbon Fusion Prospector 16 by Swift. They have a kind of woven look to them, almost herringbone looking. This is my story; it's made by the Elves. Black, with an ivory bottom, it weighs only 34 pounds, something I need given the condition of my left shoulder and leg. I shall be picking it up in March or April. Just in time for the season in these parts. Much of my Ranger-Harper activities will then center around rivers and lakes. I know, I know, canoe is modern, etc. Like I said, for my part, it is Elven made and that does it for that. The rest of my kit and clothing will be 'proper' enough. Waterproof cases for instruments, all the necessary stuff. Also, on occasion, a Colonial look.

In any case, I am extremely excited and ready to rock the Adirondack Park, the lakes and rivers hereabouts, and eventually, maybe someday, assuming it is still there then, the Boundary Waters.

A Riverine Ranger, a riverine Bard. So it goes.

Oh yes, I now have an eight course travel lute as well as the harps, lyres, flutes, and drums. ;)

Stories to come as the year moves on.

Absolutely delighted!

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Riverine Ranger

Post by Iodo »

I'll look forward to reading about/seeing photo's of your adventures, I don't see a problem with it being modern, It'll look the part just fine :D
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Please update with pics when you receive it, Sounds wonderful !
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That sounds like a fantastic time! How fun! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Love to see some photos!

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Congrats on the acquisition! I know you'll love it!

Some of you may remember, years ago, when I still lived in Northern California, all of my paddling adventures on the lake that I shared on the forums. I had to sell my boat when I moved out here seven some-odd years ago, but just a few months ago I acquired a new (lighter) one myself. Modern materials, sure...but all the adventure regardless!

Looking forward to hearing of your outings.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Look forward to the pictures, try to post a video of your music as well.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
kleenur
Wanderer

Post by kleenur »

That sounds incredible. I am taking on a project of building a cedar strip canoe this summer, myself assuming I ca cobble up enough gold for materials (Cedar doesn't really grow in NH). I considered making a birch bark canoe, but the Birch in my home range are all fighting off an invasive disease and I want them to have the best chance of survival possible!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

-J.R.R Tolkien
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I was out patrolling a lake not far off. I attempted to record the event, yet for some reason it did not work. (I forgot to turn the camera on before hitting record). ;)

We'll be going out again, in appropriate kit, very soon. There will be some video, some photos.

Eledhwen
Randiromar
Nandalad
Nandalad!