Forum business cards?

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Forum business cards?

Post by Elleth »

I'd prefer (older) EPS so my ancient cs3 copy of Illustrator can open it, but I'm happy with anything vector.

Thank you so much!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Hey guys, I split this topic, now there are separate threads for Business card talk and site update talk http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... =12&t=3247
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

YAY! Good plan!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I was trying to remember when I had ever started a thread about a site revamp...*d'oh
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Greg wrote:I was trying to remember when I had ever started a thread about a site revamp...*d'oh
Yeah, the split function is weird, it assigns the author of the first split post as the originator.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

I came across this thread the other day, this is an amazing idea and it got me thinking, it's coming up on my local medieval fair (which I intend to go to in kit) last year a lot of people asked me questions and out of those maybe I would have given a card to one or two, so I decided to see if I could get some printed, my designs are a kind of mix of the others on this thread, here's what I came up with:

Not color version
Front:
Back:

Color version
Front:
Back:

It's to the exact format my local print shop asks for and it seems like the borders are big but they say to have a 5mm blank all the way round and a 2.5mm overlap that will be cut off, I guess the only thing left is to decide weather to use the color or not? And If anyone minds me getting these printed? I don't expect to give out many, if any
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

My thoughts are it's better than writing the site address on pieces of paper when asked as I have in the past. I'd stick with the non-colored version. It looks better and should cost less.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Agreed, the printing prices are the same for both, I really can't decide so I'll go with your opinion, unless your outvoted before I go to the print shop :P

[EDIT] On second thoughts I don't really need the https:// on the URL, do I? If I took that out I could make the text bigger and more clear at the finished size

[EDIT2] Better?

Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

These look cool! You can actually simplify the address quite a bit: middleearthrangers.org/forum works just fine and is much less of a mouthful.
And just a pedantic nitpick: it's always Middle-earth (only Middle capitalized; hyphenated) not Middle earth, Middle Earth, etc.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Udwin wrote:These look cool! You can actually simplify the address quite a bit: middleearthrangers.org/forum works just fine and is much less of a mouthful.
And just a pedantic nitpick: it's always Middle-earth (only Middle capitalized; hyphenated) not Middle earth, Middle Earth, etc.
Thank you :mrgreen: Hmmm, maybe I change the address then, do you have an opinion on color vs' no color?

and yeah, the Middle-earth thing, that graphic is lifted straight from the forum header graphic, I never made it myself :P

[EDIT] Thanks for that Udwin:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Okay, bit of a necro-post here, but I wanted to share, and this seemed more logical than starting a whole new thread…
I finally got some business cards made!
These are specifically for my local Colorado Ranger group, but I have included some info on the forums here as well. They’ve got our name, a quick description, and a couple links on the front (plus a little mountainscape background I drew myself!), and then on the back, a slightly longer description and a QR code that also connects to the Linktree for the folks that can’t be bothered to type :lol:

The Linktree includes links to this forum, the Middle-earth Reenactment Society, and a few other resources as well.
88D2BD0E-73CE-4F2B-B5DA-7CEEBDFE7F7D.jpeg
88D2BD0E-73CE-4F2B-B5DA-7CEEBDFE7F7D.jpeg (181.52 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
E6766F6A-1BC6-4F44-A98D-1F5761C6E13B.jpeg
E6766F6A-1BC6-4F44-A98D-1F5761C6E13B.jpeg (128.58 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
E3D20968-132B-41B2-A317-FECACC443844.jpeg
E3D20968-132B-41B2-A317-FECACC443844.jpeg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Those are really nice :P and they show up how bad my 3 years ago image editing/digital art skills were, if I ever get another set of forum cards done I think I need a redesign with a less terrible background texture and correctly scaled text etc... now that I know how to do all that stuff, it won't be for a while yet...

...but on the other hand I was thinking of doing some for my YouTube channel, at some point
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I really like the design and the color choices. Well done! Here’s hoping they help with the public!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Those are nice!
Frodo lives!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

absolutely lovely work!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.