The Forandiri at Faire

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

The Forandiri at Faire

Post by Eledhwen »

This past week end, some of the Forandiri decided to go to Faire. It is an annual event that takes place about six miles or so North of us along the Anduin. Two days only, although in such a region that is not surprising. It is still wild in places here in the North. Myself, my son Taliesin, and my Lady, Jannat. She hails from Far Harad originally.

We are a scattered people, indeed, so it is rare all of us are in one place at one time. Perhaps some day.

Eledhwen
Randiromar
Nandalad
Nandalad!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: The Forandiri at Faire

Post by Iodo »

That staff is awesome :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Nice looking group. Hope you had fun! I agree with Iodo....great looking staff !
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Thanks guys. :)

The staff was made for me. It is called a 'völva' staff. I added the feathers and beads, which are replicas of beads found at Birka. I don't plan on adding much, if anything, else. The staff is a work of art on its own. It has a figure of Skadi and a reindeer....hunting indeed. I did add a rubber ferrule on the bottom. The wood is poplar, I think, so needs protecting.

A lovely piece of work it is.

I had my lyre with me, it just cannot be seen in the photos as it is slung at my back. Played here and there around the Faire. Great fun!

The garments..the tunic, trousers, those are pretty typical. The hooded mantle was a gift to a Bard. My lady's dress she made herself the night before the event. The jorvik cap was a gift. My son cobbled up some of his own garb, used a grey hood and mantle I gave him, and took his Scythian style bow. Sadly, no archery there this year due to a lack of people to run it. I volunteered for next year.

It is a pleasant little Faire, very clean, very friendly, great fun. They do have actual jousting.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ruinar Hrafnakveðja
Dúnadan

Post by Ruinar Hrafnakveðja »

What a great looking group! Glad you had a good time!

I would love to see some close up photo's of your völva staff! Look's amazing!
I wish only for green trees, cool wine, a strong bow, and a swift arrow
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote: I would love to see some close up photo's of your völva staff! Look's amazing!
I second that :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I shall endeavor to do so. The staff is very nicely done. A simple motif, with long fir trees, Skadi herself on skis, a reindeer, snowflakes, runes etc. I was told every Völva needs her staff, so it was made for me and sent along. I am not arguing.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Group outings are rare...so happy for you all!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.