Exploring the Ancient Forest today

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Aravir
Dúnadan

Exploring the Ancient Forest today

Post by Aravir »

Here’s some photos from today’s 7 miler. Lots of elevation gain on this one! Few travelers on the trail, very few.
My cloak arrived right after I got home. :)

I worry too much about others perception but wearing a cloak in full Ranger style probably wouldn’t seem as odd in the woods versus most elsewhere.

Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Exploring the Ancient Forest today

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Wow amazing!
Frodo lives!
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Thanks! I’m trying to make an effort to get out often.

Have been quite the Hermit for too long.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Nice!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Looks like a great outing :P these threads are really making me want to head out in kit, something I haven't done since September, I've been far to busy :shock:
Rainor_Elulith wrote: I worry too much about others perception but wearing a cloak in full Ranger style probably wouldn’t seem as odd in the woods versus most elsewhere.
If anyone ever asks me I usually say I'm testing kit for Historical trekking, most people you meet haven't enough knowledge to be able to tell otherwise, they usually say "that's interesting" and loose interest, that said, a lot of people don't ask and just give me a funny look and I've only had someone appear genuinely interested once
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Iodo wrote: If anyone ever asks me I usually say I'm testing kit for Historical trekking, most people you meet haven't enough knowledge to be able to tell otherwise, they usually say "that's interesting" and loose interest, that said, a lot of people don't ask and just give me a funny look and I've only had someone appear genuinely interested once
That’s a good one to use. You’re right most people, especially out in the woods, would probably bare no mind at all. Now I just have to find a place secluded enough to practice my archery skills in full gear :P
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

WOW! What a beautiful locale! Absolutely enchanting! I would want to be out in it all the time if I lived near such fantastical environs! Our environment can be very beautiful here in CO, but it lacks that otherworldly quality of a really damp, lush forest.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Manveruon wrote:WOW! What a beautiful locale! Absolutely enchanting! I would want to be out in it all the time if I lived near such fantastical environs! Our environment can be very beautiful here in CO, but it lacks that otherworldly quality of a really damp, lush forest.
Thanks! Indeed it does look otherworldly and was quite damp, made for a great tracking experience though. Lots of deer sign and raccoon tracks. Also picked up on a large cat of some kind, I’m guessing mountain lion considering the location but didn’t want to find out :shock:

Colorado is a beautiful place for sure! Never did make it out into the forests there. Only visited for snowboarding.

My favorite place for the fern forests will always be Washington state. As a kid running around there, the fern was so dense and tall you could crawl under it and not be seen!
Mitcheldin

Post by Mitcheldin »

Washington state forests are beautiful indeed. They seem ancient.
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Mitcheldin wrote:Washington state forests are beautiful indeed. They seem ancient.

Definitely. There’s a really awesome place there, I think it’s called Hoh Forest? Either way it reminds me of what would be Fangorn :)
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Only brought the cloak on the outing from today but figured it’d be cool to post up a photo finally of being out and about myself

Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Very Cool :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Thanks Iodo! :)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

You've got a lovely locale to play in.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Greg wrote:You've got a lovely locale to play in.
Thanks Greg! Indeed I do and many unexplored places yet to see.

Having this forum to gain knowledge from and seeing how active the members are definitely motivates me to get out and venture :)