Working on a Bree-lander kit

From Numenor to Far Harad...

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: Working on a Bree-lander kit

Post by Cimrandir »

I was scrolling down looking at your drawings and liking everything about them when I stopped at the one with the cloak. That’s where it all congealed for me. It struck me as super Breelandish and I really like it! Each one of your drawings and Taurinor’s kit look exactly how I pictured Bree Men in the book. Taurinor is a bit more urban and your proposed kit is little more of a working man to my eye so it’s nice to see different classes depicted. Looking forward to seeing it come off the page and into the real world!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Oh I LOVE that! It really feels like a cohesive cultural wardrobe! I find it kind of amazing how well the elements of 17th/18th Century fashion are blending in with the more Medieval/Renaissance influences. And I really like that sort of pillbox hat! I would almost want to pair it with some kind of coif/arming cap underneath, myself - but that might veer it a little too much towards the Medieval for your liking.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Darnokthemage
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Darnokthemage »

Really like it, the pill hat might be something inherited from the Dunedain.
Artist, larper and history lover.