Rangers going to Pennsic?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Rangers going to Pennsic?

Post by Beornmann »

Who's going and where are you camping?

I am and will be camping with Gryphons Rest, who last year was in N30, but might try to move southwards.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Heather
Wayfarer

Re: Rangers going to Pennsic?

Post by Heather »

Hm, don't know if I'll dress in Ranger clothing while there, but I will be at Pennsic. My husband Lyle and I should be in N21 as that's where Bergental is usually located.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

Found out I'll be in the east end of block N31.

Anyone else? Day One starts tomorrow
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

So how was it and let's see the pics!
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

Great time, but best of all, I made it wtih no injuries. Sidelined early in the week the past two wars. Fighting was great; clean and hard, but there was some whining, but for the most part, very exciting. Never made it to the archery or thrown weapons ranges, but heard great reports from friends about the fun, novelty ranges.

Missed Heather and Lyle at Bergental; Walked by the encampment on the way to and back from the woods battle, but way too beat for a social call. Also, missed Cian of Storvik from the Rangers of the North Yahoo group. Fought against and later side-by-side with his unit, Black Spears, but never got a chance meet up.

The routine was battles in the morning; real-life responsibilites in the afternoon and evening, so didn't camp out. Bought a couple pieces of flint, beeswax, bone cup and spoon, & a noggin from Smoke & Fire; a Viking whetstone from Ragweed Forge; a bean cooker from Livonia Smithery; and some small armoring buckles and leather dye. No major purchases, but oh, if I hit the lottery. Did get to listen to Wolgemut in the merchant area for several minutes.

Daughter took the pics, but having trouble downloading from camera. Will post when able.
Heather
Wayfarer

Post by Heather »

Hey there, finally getting back on after all this time. Went by your camp area but I think it was too early in the week maybe? And then we ended up being way busy, between battles, meetings, and baronial stuff. Although we actually made it to a couple of classes, including one on glove-making. Not that I've had time to make gloves since we got home, but I found the patterns again the other day, so there's hope yet!

It rained a lot this summer, so I spent a large part of August-October reclaiming the gardening and harvesting whatever survived the wet. Then on to fall festival, in-law's surgery and recovery, etc.

The battles were pretty intense but mostly fun. Field battles were fun as usual. Bridge battles weren't my favorite in some ways, but then I don't think they were anybody's favorite :D Although when we were able to actually make a push instead of just taking turns breathing, it was pretty cool. I'm short, so my job was mostly keeping the tall guys from getting knocked over, lol. Did get in a little spear action though, which was nice. Lyle made it to the woods battle and had some good fun there. I had other duties that day, unfortunately.

We don't camp like rangers so I didn't take pics, sorry 'bout that. The baronial bit takes up too much space, so we have a 10x12 wall tent -- basic white canvas.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Heather: Glad you stopped back, and chance you could post the glove pattern or give any advise.
Heather
Wayfarer

Post by Heather »

Sure, I'll look it over and see what I can do about scanning and stuff. Uh, and I'll post it over in the Crafts area I guess?
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

That would be an excellent place to post it. Good to see you back, BTW.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Heather
Wayfarer

Post by Heather »

Thx, good to be back. I'll work on that tomorrow.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

A glove pattern would be wonderful...I've been searching for just such a thing!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Heather
Wayfarer

Post by Heather »

Greg wrote:A glove pattern would be wonderful...I've been searching for just such a thing!
Sorry taking longer than expected. Hardware and software issues. Will do as soon as issued resolved.