MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

theowl
Vendor

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by theowl »

Don't apologize. That hat is awesome!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

theowl wrote:Don't apologize. That hat is awesome!
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Well, there wasn't much Ranger happenings over Christmas but we did visit the in-laws in northern Idaho for Christmas. Got to hike around the mountains looking for a suitable tree and use their new forge to make a knife out of a railroad spike. Didn't take many photos but I do have a few below.

This tree might have been just a hair too tall haha.

One day I aim to have a backyard view like this.

Working the forge.

The completed knife. Not very good but it's the first attempt.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Wow, that is a spectacular view :P and awesome work with the knife :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Will o’ the Wild
Wayfarer

Post by Will o’ the Wild »

Got in an “icebreaker” outing with little ice but about 4 inches of snow left. That’s a first.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

As per my 2021resolution '4 - Stop lamenting about my new world countryside and embrace it. Visit and show you all some of the places we have here in Australia that I don't view as pretty but I hope you all will.' here are a few shots from a training hike we knocked out today.

Sadly shipping delays are still stopping me from fielding a satisfactory ME impression but the items ordered in November should arrive soon.

But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

It is beautiful!!!

How strange to see so much sun! Here in New England the snow is starting to turn to slush, so I imagine you're starting to smell fall on the air?

I totally understand your conflict: I had to live in CA for a couple years for work, and as truly beautiful as it was outside of the cities, somehow it never really felt like home.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Amazing photo's :mrgreen:
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Elleth wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:33 pm How strange to see so much sun! Here in New England the snow is starting to turn to slush, so I imagine you're starting to smell fall on the air?
No not yet. It's been an exceptionally wet summer here but we wont get any true autumn feel to the weather for at least another 6 weeks. It alternates between wet and horribly humid and sunny and horribly humid.
Elleth wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:33 pm I totally understand your conflict: I had to live in CA for a couple years for work, and as truly beautiful as it was outside of the cities, somehow it never really felt like home.
Oh it feels like home, it is home! I meant more along the lines of this place not feeling very old world. A few places here have that oak forest or alpine feeling but generally it's rain-forest and beautiful beaches. Not the sort of places that spring first to mind when you think of Middle Earth.
Iodo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 am Amazing photo's :mrgreen:
Glad you like them!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

That beach is incredible!!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Finally I'm allowed to drive places so I went on an an adventure :P

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

"Finally I'm allowed to drive places so I went on an adventure."

...said everyone on this board. Fantastic!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Always nice to see pictures from your neck of the woods Iodo, helps me remember happier times when we could travel. I've been playing Valheim lately and your first picture looks exactly like the black forest. Brilliant scenery as always though it still looks very winterish despite it being spring?
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I love how easily moss grows in your part of the world and the fog looks mysterious and full of adventure!