Packs and Cloaks

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Turgolanas
Dúnadan

Re: Packs and Cloaks

Post by Turgolanas »

neoaliphant wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:37 pm a cloak im looking in to is the ruana cloak following the videos on youtube from Iodo and Living Anachronism, very versatile, can be worn matchcoat style, which would mean quiver could easily be worn on top.....
I haven't done Ruanna personally, but I've seen it used successfully in that manner. A blanket cloak can work as well, since it can be pinned around a quiver.
neoaliphant

Post by neoaliphant »

Turgolanas wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:29 pm . A blanket cloak can work as well, since it can be pinned around a quiver.
yep i found that it didnt cause a problem, i had 2 corners pinned together going over one shoulder, the rest was scooped under otehr shoulder, and then belted, so it looked quite kilt like

apparently this is a renactorism and there wasnt any eveidence of this being worn histprically, but its so simple i cants ee why, and it gave no problem whatsoever with quiver being worn on back, but then i had a short quiver ( but then so does aragorn in LOTR films)
swordsandmore569!

Post by swordsandmore569! »

Kortoso wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm Le Loup's picture reminds us that, yes, belt quivers were common in the middle ages.
The jupons look a little impractical for warfare, although if that's the way they did it...
Can anyone find an instance of shoulder quivers used in the middle ages?
The Bayeux Tapestry