Elladan and Elrohir: Rangers?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Elladan and Elrohir: Rangers?

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Eofor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:35 am For various reasons I'm not keen on portrayals of named characters but I do like the line of thinking that beyond the brothers there may be other Elvish allies who ride alongside the Rangers.
Yeah, I never like that either. It always feels strange when somebody calles himself "Frodo" when there are ten other Frodos around and we all know Frodo's story. But another hobbit or ranger and wizard etc. will all be unique and have their own new adventures without feeling like a cheap copy.

There are a lot of fan made videos for the Tolken world and Harry Potter and other adventures, some were done really well and I encourage everybody to search Youtube and take a look a them.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Tom_Ranger wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:41 am Yeah, I never like that either. It always feels strange when somebody calles himself "Frodo" when there are ten other Frodos around and we all know Frodo's story. But another hobbit or ranger and wizard etc. will all be unique and have their own new adventures without feeling like a cheap copy.
I get this totally, I guess this makes it almost OK to do an impression of someone at a planned event where you know there won't be any others, or if the character choice is so obscure that there just won't be any others?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Eofor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:54 am
Again, speaking for myself of course but I'm far too broken down to portray an ethereal ageless being. I suspect that's part of the problem.
Yeah, liked elves more when I was younger. But being built like a large dwarf or a small troll, even at my trimmest, means that the whole effortless ethereal bit was never meant to be.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Wilhelm
Dúnadan

Post by Wilhelm »

caedmon wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:09 am
Again, speaking for myself of course but I'm far too broken down to portray an ethereal ageless being. I suspect that's part of the problem.
Yeah, liked elves more when I was younger. But being built like a large dwarf or a small troll, even at my trimmest, means that the whole effortless ethereal bit was never meant to be.
You and me both! Though I am short I would never pass for elf.
Yavion
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Yavion »

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:00 pm
caedmon wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:09 am
You and me both! Though I am short I would never pass for elf.
I look like what would happen if Vin Diesel let himself go and got rolled down a rocky hill into some brambles.
I'm still sticking with an elven persona and ain't nobody stopping me! 🤣