MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Wilhelm
Dúnadan

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Wilhelm »

Greg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:27 am
theowl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:11 pm Thanks!
These were taken at lake Fulmor in Idyllwild, about 45 minutes up the mountain from Riverside.
I KNEW IT! I had Idyllwild in my head the whole time I was flipping through them! I camped there as a kid all the time...I grew up in Glendora.
I was just at the Dalton Canyon Wilderness Park today. My friend went to ISOMATA so we were up there alot.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Greg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:27 am
theowl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:11 pm Thanks!
These were taken at lake Fulmor in Idyllwild, about 45 minutes up the mountain from Riverside.
I KNEW IT! I had Idyllwild in my head the whole time I was flipping through them! I camped there as a kid all the time...I grew up in Glendora.
Nice! I was born in crestline, but I've always felt drawn to Idyllwild. It has better "vibes" as the kids say.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Wilhelm wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:42 am I was just at the Dalton Canyon Wilderness Park today. My friend went to ISOMATA so we were up there alot.
I cut my teeth on Dalton. Spent the first 18 years of my life all over that place, and it's where I spent my very first excursions into Rangering. Enjoy!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Wilhelm
Dúnadan

Post by Wilhelm »

Greg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:33 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:42 am I was just at the Dalton Canyon Wilderness Park today. My friend went to ISOMATA so we were up there alot.
I cut my teeth on Dalton. Spent the first 18 years of my life all over that place, and it's where I spent my very first excursions into Rangering. Enjoy!
I just found it by accident driving around. Its pretty up there. Wife and I are going to spend a few hours out there next weekend.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Have you found the (small) archery range yet? There are nearly always hay bales stacked on a hillside clearing along one of the trails left over from the previous summer's day camp. I can give you directions if you haven't found it yet.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Wilhelm
Dúnadan

Post by Wilhelm »

Greg wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:22 pm Have you found the (small) archery range yet? There are nearly always hay bales stacked on a hillside clearing along one of the trails left over from the previous summer's day camp. I can give you directions if you haven't found it yet.
I have not! I will be there next week again. If I dont find it I will hit you up!