Bits and Peices

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Bits and Peices

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Hiya all

A few things I've been working on or recently acquired.

Oil bottle and Khazad axe puck in belt pounches, these are some of my first forays into wet-moulding and tooling.

An 'old' coin purse, reused to hold nails of three different sizes, the medium ones are rose-heads from an old hardware shop I found on ebay. The big one is handmade and I've had it for a few years...... I can't remember exactly how it came to me though.

Folding melting spoon for lead,tin and other soft metals. Shown folded in the first photo

Detail of the filework on the handle

Detail of the bowl and one way hinge.

A 'new' coin purse being used for its intended service, next to it is a small silver box I picked up recently and one of the coins Elleth sent me last year as part of my Yule gift.

Other things in the top photo are:
Two pairs of shears, I'm not sure which ones I like the best yet..... Both of them needed fettling to make them cut cleanly.
Serpentine awl, this has a square point at one end (for drilling small holes) and a flat cutting point at the other for piercing leather.
Small steel Penannular I forged when I was 16 or so.
Big sack needle (drilling and filing the eye was not easy)
Plummet (this one is forged from tin with a lead tip because I don't really want to handle lead too much)
Stick of tin solder
Two octagonal beeswax candles
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Wilhelm
Dúnadan

Re: Bits and Peices

Post by Wilhelm »

Excellent! That spoon is very cool.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Very nice!
Frodo lives!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Loving those ordinary items which give the kit a finished sense. The bag of nails is a brilliant idea.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.