Zombie's are attacking

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Zombie's are attacking

Post by Willrett »

Go to newsweek.com and enter the Konami Code (up, up, down, down, left,
right, left, right, B, A, Enter) for an undead surprise.

LOL this is pretty cool.

I'm not sure how to get the page to post after the code is used.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Zombie's are attacking

Post by Dinendir. »

Omg.
Made my night.

Lol.
That's pretty cool, how did that come up?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

someone posted it on facebook
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

That was freaking awesome! So Rangers, how do we repell the undead invasion? Swords are great, but I have to admit that I prefer a ak47 with hollowpoint ammo for zombies. Much less chance of contamination from a comfortable distance... splashing zombie fluids - yukk!
Dinendir.

Post by Dinendir. »

I prefer my bow. Much quieter than that blasted machine. 8)

And, of course, my sword. Swords never run out of bullets.
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

I know how to stop the invasion, don't enter that code!

Faolan
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

kaelln wrote:That was freaking awesome! So Rangers, how do we repell the undead invasion? Swords are great, but I have to admit that I prefer a ak47 with hollowpoint ammo for zombies. Much less chance of contamination from a comfortable distance... splashing zombie fluids - yukk!
Repel them, hell with that. I'd grab my bow and other weapons, save as many people as I can, and get the hell out of dodge. I think with the right tactics you could save a bunch of people in your general area and avoid having to use a noisy gun, drawing attention from the Zombies you should be leading your group away from.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

mcapanelli wrote:
kaelln wrote:That was freaking awesome! So Rangers, how do we repell the undead invasion? Swords are great, but I have to admit that I prefer a ak47 with hollowpoint ammo for zombies. Much less chance of contamination from a comfortable distance... splashing zombie fluids - yukk!
Repel them, hell with that. I'd grab my bow and other weapons, save as many people as I can, and get the hell out of dodge. I think with the right tactics you could save a bunch of people in your general area and avoid having to use a noisy gun, drawing attention from the Zombies you should be leading your group away from.

Mike's got the right idea. Up here, as we are within 10 miles of Indian Point Nuclear Power plant we have emergency sirens that would go off in the event of a nuclear problem or other emergency so that people can tune into their local radio/tv for updates. The latest official plan has been updated to include the possibility of Zombie attack. In this scenario the speaker system would be used instead of sirens, dinner bells would ring. Once we have the zombies attention, they are slowly turned off in a decreasing radius until all the zombies are at the edge of the Hudson River. At this time a boat will travel to midstream and the dinner bell will be sounded from speakers on the boat. The zombies enter the water and all drown.

Yeah, I know, about the smartest thing to come out of New York State in a looong time. :lol:
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Erepharon wrote:I prefer my bow. Much quieter than that blasted machine. 8)

Hmmm. Brain destruction by bow and arrow? You sir, must be an awesome shot! Remember, zombies can only be killed by destroying their brain, so bows won't work. Not sure they can by drowned, either. Hasn't there been recent footage of a zombie attempting to eat a live shark underwater? Swords and axes will work, but (and it's a BIG but,) it only takes a drop or two of zombie bodily fluids in a scratch, or the eyes, or any convenient mucus membrane, and you're infected! You'll be hunting for live lunch yourself in an hour or two! I'll stick with the noisy machine for this particular threat!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I will leave the guns to others, I have a small shotgun and a small 22 but between my dad, cousin, and a few friends we have over 50 together. I worry about my bow and arrows and work with all the hand to hand weapons and the survival skills.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

kaelln wrote:
Erepharon wrote:I prefer my bow. Much quieter than that blasted machine. 8)

Hmmm. Brain destruction by bow and arrow? You sir, must be an awesome shot! Remember, zombies can only be killed by destroying their brain, so bows won't work. Not sure they can by drowned, either. Hasn't there been recent footage of a zombie attempting to eat a live shark underwater? Swords and axes will work, but (and it's a BIG but,) it only takes a drop or two of zombie bodily fluids in a scratch, or the eyes, or any convenient mucus membrane, and you're infected! You'll be hunting for live lunch yourself in an hour or two! I'll stick with the noisy machine for this particular threat!

Actually please review the following thread, posted by a world renown expert, super genius and all round nice guy. Did I mention he's devilshly handsome and :roll: has a great sense of humor.

http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/inde ... 589&page=1
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

It didn't work and I see that they diabled it.

Disabled
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Dinendir.

Post by Dinendir. »

Pardon me, Kaelln.
I should have clarified those as a last resort. :oops:

But in the words of Max Brooks, leading zombie expert, zombies are attracted by sound. I'm in complete agreement with Mcapanelli on this. I would rather use my bow ONLY if I had to. Other than that, I'd "get the hell out of dodge." Ya know, use my ranger skills to live in the woods.
:mrgreen:
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Peter Remling wrote:

Actually please review the following thread, posted by a world renown expert, super genius and all round nice guy. Did I mention he's devilshly handsome and :roll: has a great sense of humor.

http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/inde ... 589&page=1
Quite interesting and well written! The disease hypothesis is quite trendy, of course. Since flesh eating undead zombies are strictly a creation of the movies, (as opposed to Hatian style voodoo zombies, which are brain damaged enslaved humans) I would maintain that they work however the current movie says they do! Vampires and werewolves have quite a long folkloric history outside and before the movies, and I would suggest John Michael Greer's excellent book "Monsters" for a different perspective than the usual ones.

I actually have a buddy that was in a zombie flick. The movie was called "Dance of the Dead" and he was in it as a zombie for all of about a half second! It was low budget and thoroughly cheesy, and I loved every minute of it!