Few pouches and a toy :)

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Few pouches and a toy :)

Post by Willrett »

I finished everything but the green belt pouch a few weekends ago but haven't had a chance to take pics and post them until tonight.

The small tan pouch is one of the kits that i bought from a store, all I had to do was sew it.
The larger black pouch is leather that I made from scrap leather I got from Pete.
The smaller black pouch is vinyl.
The green belt pouch is also from the scrap I got from Pete and is done except for the button.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Few pouches and a toy :)

Post by Willrett »

The toy mentioned above is a sling. I made it using a thick piece from a leather tool pouch.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Looking good Will !
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Coolness!
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Have you tried the sling yet? If so, how's it work? I have been wanting to try one, but am afraid I will knock myself in the face.
Here's a neat tie dedicated to slinging.
http://slinging.org/
There are some how-to's for making shot.
You can't take the sky from me.
Frothgar
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Frothgar »

cool pouches, got plans for them?

one thing though. a sling, like any weapon, is not a toy. always excercise caution when practicing. be responsible.

also, slinging .org is awesome.
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I have tried it out using a rubber ball against the side of my garage. It worked pretty well but I would need to alot more practice to hit anything other than the garage.

I checked out several sites and I may have gotten the pattern from slinging.org it is a very cool site.

I don't know what are going in the pouches yet but I do know that the green one and the bigger black one will be on my belt very soon.