How It's Made: Armor & Swords

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

How It's Made: Armor & Swords

Post by Beornmann »

A friend said he saw an episode of "How It's Made" about armor-making. After a little searching, I found the video on YouTube and another video about sword-making.

So, if you ever wondered how your Albion was made.
The armorer is Éric Dubé Maître Armurier (St-Mathieu-du-Parc, Québec). His website

Armor

Sword
david lewis smith
Dúnadan

Post by david lewis smith »

well, now that I have seen them put hilts on I think I will have an easer time of it

I have been doing it the hard way and sliding it down over the end of the tang and then putting the pommel on
lacking anything clever to say.......
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

MAAAAAN! Now I'm gonna have to start gathering everything I need to try to make a shield boss. That is after the boots project. I haven't checked out hte sword link yet. This sorry dial-up takes forever to boot a video. But here goes.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Wow, in that short 5 minute video, I learned a lot that will help me on my knife projects. That was really interesting. The tools they used for securing the hilt and pommel would not be that hard to make with a piece of say 1" to 1 1/2" pipe and a piece of plate welded on one end.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
david lewis smith
Dúnadan

Post by david lewis smith »

I have some stuff down here and have made a few boss before

that sounds odd "a few boss"
lacking anything clever to say.......