SBG back yard test cutting.

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: SBG back yard test cutting.

Post by Greg »

Peter Remling wrote:I currently own a black custom Valiant Malatesta (MSRP around $440) that I got for $250. It was used as a review sword. My Atrim 1557 again a review sword cost me around $325 for a $450 sword.
I've been trying to find a review on that one for awhile now! Do you like it?

Is there a review posted on SBG or Sword Forum that I'm not aware of?

EDIT: WOW...I'm stupid. Just googled again, and found one right off the bat. Regardless...I'd love to hear your opinion on the blade! Even a full review with pics here would be welcome...:wink wink: *sheepish grin*

Black, you say? Like a straight up Beleg Strongbow/Turin Turambar Anglachel/Gurthang black blade, or something else?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote:
Peter Remling wrote:I currently own a black custom Valiant Malatesta (MSRP around $440) that I got for $250. It was used as a review sword. My Atrim 1557 again a review sword cost me around $325 for a $450 sword.
I've been trying to find a review on that one for awhile now! Do you like it?

Is there a review posted on SBG or Sword Forum that I'm not aware of?

EDIT: WOW...I'm stupid. Just googled again, and found one right off the bat. Regardless...I'd love to hear your opinion on the blade! Even a full review with pics here would be welcome...:wink wink: *sheepish grin*

Black, you say? Like a straight up Beleg Strongbow/Turin Turambar Anglachel/Gurthang black blade, or something else?
I'm 99.9% sure he's talking about the leather color. The blade is the standard satin finish.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

The blade isn't blackened, the pommel, guard and grip are though. The scabbard and harness rig are also black, where the normal one is brown. I find the whole package, regardless of color to be beautifully designed and excecuted. This particular model is a little light for my taste.

I plan on keeping it as it is perfect for both my wife and daughter. I also have a AT1503 which is also a lighter blade so both Joanne and Jessie are covered in the event of Orcs or another Zombie outbreak.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Peter Remling wrote:... or another Zombie outbreak.
I see what you did there.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.