Greetings

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

theowl
Vendor

Greetings

Post by theowl »

Hello everyone,

I've been an avid collector of ranger gear for several years now and i'm glad to see that I'm not alone.
I'll post some pictures of my gear as soon as I get my camera back up and running.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Re: Greetings

Post by Kiriana »

Welcome to MERF!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Welcome to the fun(house). Hope you enjoy it.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome! I (used to...3 weeks ago) live in California, but I left some Rangering Comerades in my wake back there. Good to have you!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome 1
Cleddyf
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cleddyf »

wecome
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Welcome to the group.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome to the group, we like pictures :P
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome! Cool owl; I just love owls! Tell us some more about you. (I'm a curious git!)
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

kaelln wrote:Welcome! Cool owl; I just love owls! Tell us some more about you. (I'm a curious git!)
Well,

I'm 28 years old. I'm from Southern California. I work at a sword/knife shop. I do custom leatherwork through my shop (sheaths, armor, belts etc.) I'm a member of the Bankeside School of Defense where I study Longsword, Rapier, Dagger, Broadsword, and quarter staff fighting. I used to bow hunt (though it's been about 15 years) and I'd like to get back into it. I drive a Nissan Sentra. My blood type is O+.

Boom. Info.
appalachianranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by appalachianranger »

Seven stars and seven stones, and one white tree.
Welcome to the forum, kinsman!
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Welcome!

Glad to have another Californian. What city do you live in? Maybe we could get together and poke each other with swords some time.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

I live in Anaheim, work in Moreno Valley, and do most of my training in San Bernardino. And I am always looking for someone new to hit with stuff, so that would be pretty cool.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

theowl wrote: I'm 28 years old. I'm from Southern California. I work at a sword/knife shop. I do custom leatherwork through my shop (sheaths, armor, belts etc.) I'm a member of the Bankeside School of Defense where I study Longsword, Rapier, Dagger, Broadsword, and quarter staff fighting. I used to bow hunt (though it's been about 15 years) and I'd like to get back into it. I drive a Nissan Sentra. My blood type is O+.

Boom. Info.

That was comprehensive.. but you left out your favorite color :mrgreen:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

theowl wrote:I live in Anaheim, work in Moreno Valley, and do most of my training in San Bernardino. And I am always looking for someone new to hit with stuff, so that would be pretty cool.
Well. Anaheim is less than 45 minutes from LA if traffic is decent. Heck, I have a who brother lives in La Mirada where he attends BIOLA University, so I'm down that way to visit him fairly regularly myself. That's only about 20 minutes from you. We will definitely have to poke/hit each other with stuff some time. I'm rather a novice at swordsmanship, with only a few years of Olympic fencing training and a little bit of SCA style rapier (my favorite, which I plan to spend a lot more time in starting next fall). I would love to learn about any combat style, though, including quarter staff.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.